Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

An album by your favourite band.

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
edited September 2019 in Music
Since the advent of streaming, music is more accessible than ever. I have a headphone in at work all day every day as it means i can't hear other people.. If i'm not after a particular band i'll usually put on one of the amazon prime genre playlists. This often sends me down a rabbit hole if i hear a track that particularly stands out to me, i'll then 'discover' that band. 

i like my rock and metal, but when i think about what is in common with all the music i like a lot it's melody. Whether that's death metal, classical, blues, drum & bass etc, if there's a great melody i'm game. 

So, in the interests of discovering more - post an album by your favourite band. Just post the one album. Hell, just post a track if that's easier, send me down a rabbit hole. 

Also, i know "favourite" band will probably change throughout the day, so just post an all time favourite for you. Something that you can always go back to and not get bored. 

This is mine - 

It's not groundbreaking, but Hardcore Superstar are probably my favourite band.. There is fun energy in all of their tracks, and each album is different enough to keep them interesting, and they put on a hell of a show

edit - just realised i posted a playlist of the album, so only had the first song.. if you are actually interested here is the album HCSS,
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• VaiaiVaiai Frets: 530
    edited September 2019
    Currently loving The Glorious Sons - especially their live albums on Spotify - kick ass "real" band with great songs and a total star in their lead singer. Small town band from Kingston in Canada. Quite dark lyrics sometimes but the singer gives it everything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4WIJnNrr8Y

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I'm an old hippy who loves prog, my favourite band is the ultra-unfashionable Pendragon. Here's one track (prog so over 12 minutes long!). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhA64iWqMGE
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Yep enjoyed all them! 

I went down the Pendragon hole a little while ago and enjoyed it. Recommend any particular albums?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Try "Phanerozoic I: Palaeozoic" by The Ocean.

• How To Measure A Planet by The Gathering. This Dutch band started as a doom metal outfit with grunty male vocals. By 1999 they hard morphed into an ambient rock band (in a similar trajectory to the history of Anathema) with the stratospheric vocals of Anneka Van Giersbergen. How To Measure a Planet features catchy rock songs, but also more post-rock style ambient work and there's more than a hint of Floyd in there.

• fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited September 2019
    Frank Zappa “Imaginary Diseases”:

https//m.youtube.com/watch?v=HU3m07EdN30&list=OLAK5uy_mTOF_tmTBeQarwGi3ePdbqNB9GXrzZvRA

EDIT: Oops, that was for a track called “Oddients”, so try this link below for the correct track:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=clwGyT3Rbnw&list=OLAK5uy_mTOF_tmTBeQarwGi3ePdbqNB9GXrzZvRA
  • Black Album by The Damned
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    edited September 2019
    LuttiS said:
    Yep enjoyed all them! 

I went down the Pendragon hole a little while ago and enjoyed it. Recommend any particular albums?
    I like them all al lot, unsurprisingly, but overall I think that they sound at their best live, so I would recommend Concerto Maximo which I think has definitive versions of many of their best songs. Their most successful studio album is the Masquerade Overture. To be honest I absolutely love their last 3 live albums in particular.

Edit: How could I forget Pure - immense album!!!
  • I’m not really sure I’ve had favourite bands for a long time but I’ve being going back to Marcus Garvey by Burning Spear for over thirty years. Indeed, I had a reggae compilation on in the car today and the title track from MG was almost certainly my favourite track on it. Many of the musicians are from The Wailers so it’s reggae royalty ( Burning Spear are the singers rather than the whole band). 
    It appears in several greatest albums type lists and there is a dub remix of it called Garvey’s Ghost.
    Anyway, bit of contrast to the others posted so far if nothing else. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    Don't really have a favourite band and the video below doesn't really align too closely with what you posted but, reading your post, this is what popped into my head - opening track to a great album:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Machine Gun Etiquette by The Damned. 

Also

Stonechild by Jesca Hoop 
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Rumours by Fleetwood Mac

One Hot July by Tony Joe White
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited September 2023
    k
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Looks like i've got a good playlist for tomorrow, will listen to it all :)
    Cheers folks!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Not necessarily my absolute favourite band, but I listen to My Sleeping Karma quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjHVDpXYgw
  • zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
    Not an album as such but a must see gig at the Granada studios of one of my favourite bands

Tomorrow will be a good day.
  • My favourite band is Cocteau Twins, basically ever since I first heard them back in 1984. Their 1990 album Heaven Or Las Vegas is as good a place as any to start.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6598
    I’m not really sure I’ve had favourite bands for a long time but I’ve being going back to Marcus Garvey by Burning Spear for over thirty years. Indeed, I had a reggae compilation on in the car today and the title track from MG was almost certainly my favourite track on it. Many of the musicians are from The Wailers so it’s reggae royalty ( Burning Spear are the singers rather than the whole band). 
    It appears in several greatest albums type lists and there is a dub remix of it called Garvey’s Ghost.
    Anyway, bit of contrast to the others posted so far if nothing else. 
    Me too. My brother bought me Marcus Garvey for my 13th birthday. Although I no longer have the vinyl, I listen to it (and Garvey's Ghost) regularly. Formative album for me....