Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

An album by your favourite band.

What's Hot

Comments

• Just one of many favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MElfYleGIVU
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Maybe not my favourite band of all time but definitely up there. 

Currently obsessed with this album. 
    Built to Spill - Untethered Moon 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Phanerozoic I: Palaeozoic" by The Ocean - Not heard this before, there is a lot going in the music, heavy & melodic - really enjoyed it. I think it will need another listen to really appreciate it.

How To Measure A Planet by The Gathering - Quite a contrast after listening to The Ocean :) Quite mellow, but some of the songs have fantastic tension in them. I liked the one that i think started at 26:50, not sure if that was the beginning of the track or a break but it stood out to me while working..

Frank Zappa “Imaginary Diseases” -- Big Zappa fan, so this always welcome.. going to see Dweezil play hot rats in December :)

Black Album by The Damned - Never sat down and listed to an album by The Damned.. but several quite familiar tracks. Good stuff.

Lush - Light from a dead star - Again, totally different. Liked the music, not sold on her voice.. i part really like it, and part detest it. Overall liked the song, think i need to hear more.

Slayer - Hell Awaits. Love thrash, but never been a big slayer fan. Mainly because i can't stand Kerry, and more importantly because it winds my mates (who are slayer fans) up so so much. Still a great album.

Marcus Garvey by Burning Spear - Listened to a few tracks i found on youtube. I like some reggae, and i often try it again and again, but i just don't seem to click with it.. I have listened to Marcus Garvey before, not convinced.. yet :)

Yes - Roundabout - Another band that i've listened to, know many tracks, but not properly paid attention to. Great album. Best youtube comment - friend: How many times have you listened to Roundabout? Me: How many breads have you eaten in life?

And this is as far as i am this morning (and last night) :) Keep em coming! 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    The Pixies doolittle

Not all their greatest songs but one of if not my all time favourite album.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power.
    One of the permanents in my top ten albums list.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • Avett Brothers - The Carpenter

Lukas Nelson and Promise of the real - Turn off the news and build a garden

• fobfob Frets: 1430
    Porcupine Tree - In Absentia

• The Stranglers were the first band I ever really got into and I still think all of their albums up to about 1986 are great. This is probably my favourite:

Getting through them today! 

Stonechild by Jesca Hoop  - I think i had some folk induced childhood trauma that gives me an intensely adverse reaction to folk. Listened to the first track then had to skip the rest. She has a nice voice and the music was good, but all together it's a nope!   (liked the other suggestion of the damned though)

Rumours by Fleetwood Mac - Being an little shit and a metal head while young, Fleetwood Mac were Grandad music for super old and lame people that i was far too cool for. I rediscovered them a couple of years ago on a Prime playlist and Rumours is now one of my favourite albums. Yes, i do feel like a dick for dismissing them, but better late than never ay?

One Hot July by Tony Joe White - Left youtube to do it's thing after this, and liked a lot of what was offered. Lots of great stuff here. 

The Bitter Springs - Addison Brothers - I can see me getting into this, Wasn't right for work today, but i will be going back on another day

My Sleeping Karma - Moksha - That was weird. And pleasing. 

Free - Probably would have been better watching, but alas, had to be on in the background while working. Paul Rodgers is one of my favourite singers. In bad company by bad company when he sings company. Chills. Great concert that.

Cocteau Twins, heaven or las vegas - That was unexpected.. Started off not liking it, oddly sad it ended...

Smashing Pumpkins - Already one of my favourite bands. Everything on Siamese Dream is gold. Even the bad tracks. 

Built to Spill - Untethered Moon -  That was great! It reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it.. 

On to the Pixies now.. 
  • Only just discovered this band, but this is already one of my favourite albums in recent years after a few listens.  Hopefully this works as a playlist link.  Pretty varied album with a bunch of interesting songs on it.  Singer kind of reminds me of the guy from Leprous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDO2t0wam34&list=PLCBKZmILGdCnnFvz912c9rkh7ZHIDQN5V
  • try this for size..

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• I'm really into these guys from "down under" at the moment, going to see them in Brighton next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tH03NOA9lt8
    The Pixies doolittle - I've heard most of this before, but i've never really gotten on with it. Tried again, still a no i'm afraid

Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power  - Great album, finished my day off nicely.

Avett Brothers - The Carpenter - Fantastic start to the day, haven't heard this one before, really enjoyed it.

Lukas Nelson and Promise of the real - Turn off the news and build a garden - Again, really enjoyed that. Good pick.

The Raven by The Stranglers - My dad listened to the Stranglers, so this is all vaguely familiar. Past golden brown & peaches my stranglers knowledge is lacking - Raven is a pretty good album, doesn't really stand out to me though.

Agent Fresco - Destrier - Didn't really like the song you posted, but rest of the album was on prime which i did quite like. Not necessarily 'my thing' but definitely worth a listen.

Heat of the Moment by Asia.. Song is already on my "super happy feel good" playlist :)

PPC - Cornflakes..- Good stuff - got an nice groove to it. 

• ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
    Philly_Q said:
    Not necessarily my absolute favourite band, but I listen to My Sleeping Karma quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjHVDpXYgw
    Ive got two tshirts but not sure ive ever listened to them.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    "The Pixies doolittle - I've heard most of this before, but i've never really gotten on with it. Tried again, still a no i'm afraid "

Sorry mate I can't help you then, you obviously have the wrong sort of ears : )
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    "The Pixies doolittle - I've heard most of this before, but i've never really gotten on with it. Tried again, still a no i'm afraid "

Sorry mate I can't help you then, you obviously have the wrong sort of ears : )
    You tried, that's what's important :)  Maybe when i grow up i'll find my big boy ears! 

Meanwhile, at least i have this..

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    Very difficult to pick a favourite band or album but a few that spring to mind:

Mastodon - Blood Mountain or Crack the Skye 
    Elder - Dead Roots Stirring 
    QOTSA - Songs For the Deaf
    Every Time I Die - The Big Dirty

the common denominator in all of this is big riffs :)
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    Hatfield and the North
    The Rotters Club
    Side 2 (all of side 2): 'Mumps', consisting of:
    a) Your majesty is like a cream donut (quiet)
    b) Lumps
    c) Prenut
    d) Your majesty is like a cream donut (Loud)

Enjoy

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Not necessarily my absolute favourite band, but I listen to My Sleeping Karma quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SjHVDpXYgw
    Ive got two tshirts but not sure ive ever listened to them.
    I'd have said can I have the T-shirts, but I think they'd be too big.  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom