Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    edited August 2013

Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    It was my nickname when I worked shifts. There were several Johns, I became Juan for no good reason I could see (you don't get to choose these things). I might also be a little geeky...

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?
    Yorkshire. Home of pie.

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?
    To one day build a pedal so awesome that it brings about either world peace or a zombie apocalypse.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?
    Soldering iron.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?
    Tough, very tough. I'll go with Black Sabbath - Die Young
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    juansolo said:

It was my nickname when I worked shifts. There were several Johns, I became Juan for no good reason I could see (you don't get to choose these things). I might also be a little geeky...

At least it wasn't because your surname was Kerr... :)

• juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    JookyChap said:
    juansolo said:

At least it wasn't because your surname was Kerr... :)
    Or King ;)
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    or two.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Q1:  Where did you username come from? My other big hobby is Hillman Imps - the two 'n' thing is because apparently in some areas of the country an Impman is someone who does unpleasant things to children. I found that out to my horror when I signed up to AOL in the late 90s... and had to take my PC to the police station. NOT fun.Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? UK - Midlands - NorthantsQ3:  What's your main musical ambition? To be musical and original. In a covers band. Its a pipe dream. Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? 1972 Fender Telecaster... nuff said.Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Electricity - Captain Beefheart... well it is this evening!
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    That had line breaks on my Mac... bumhats
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27344
    impmann said:
    That had line breaks on my Mac... bumhats

Yes.  We know about that "feature".

Hit the "show source" button - the icon top right-but-one in the controls at the top of the "leave a comment" box.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1197
    edited August 2013
    Hello there, I'm Ronnie, I'm 32 and married with a four year old daughter. I work as a lighthouse technician for Trinity House which means i get to travel a bit. it also means i should know something about electronics but the less said of that the better! Been playing guitar since I was 15 and been pretty much obsessed with it since my brother first showed me a the intro to All or Nothing by the Small Faces. Unfortunately that obsession hasn't extended to learning to play the thing properly! I get by ok but I'm sure if I bothered to take some proper lessons I'd improve no end. I'd always been interested in music but it was the likes of Oasis et all in the 90s that made me want to play an instrument. I wanted to play drums but my brother steered me towards guitar at my parents request. 

1: I first used it as my eBay ID and ended up using it for everything else since. Can't remember why, probably a male version of long tall Sally or something! 

2: Harwich, Essex. It's a bit of a dead end but I have a certain affection for the place. 

3: just to keep gigging and enjoying it really. 

4: My Gibson Fat Neck 335 in natural. It was a gift from my brother so it's priceless to me. The moment I picked it up I felt like I'd been playing it my whole life. 

5: Impossible question! At this moment I'd probably say The Masterplan by Oasis but it'll probably change in ten minutes.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27344

^^

Hi LongTall.

Check the post immediately above yours.  If you edit your post, you should then be able to put the line breaks in it

:)

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • 1 - Wolf is my first nickname, Im Blue as I love blues. 2 - I currently live in North London. 3 - Possibly small gigs and Id love to teach guitar. 4 - My blue Strat. 5 - Altitudes by Jason Becker.
  • bluechargeboybluechargeboy Frets: 1894
    edited August 2013

Q1:  Where did you username come from? I used to drink an energy drink called Blue Charge before going on stage

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Wales (frozen northern wastes)

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To play an entire gig without making any daft mistakes

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Ye olde blue Strat Plus, 24 years young!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Green & Grey by New Model Army, also 24 years young, bloody hell...

I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Green & Grey by New Model Army, also 24 years young, bloody hell...

I haven't heard that in years, loved that song (off to iTunes) :)

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890

Great track of a great album.

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671

Q1:  My Dad always used to call me a space cadet. Usually after he came home from a parents evening at school!

Q2:  North Notts born and bred but my spiritual home is Scotland. Or Florida.

Q3:  I've been lucky enough to have lived most of my ambitions so far. Toured, had some fame, had endorsements and played to huge crowds around the world. Having not done that for a bunch of years I'd like to do it again.

Q4:  I have to say it's a 2000 USA STD Strat. Pickups have been changed a bunch but other than that it's stock and I keep going back to it. Nicely reliced and worn in.

Q5:  Adagio For Strings. Quite simply the most beautiful piece of music ever written.

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    TTony said:

Q1: Big Jon, because Jon's my name and I'm big (6' 6")

Q2: I'm one of the Cambridge Cartel. @Mike_L is our ringleader, @viz is our talisman

Q3: Unrestricted inventiveness in soloing

Q4: Goji-modded noise-free Boss CS3 pedal (bought off @Lixarto)

Q5: Low Levels, High Stakes by Allan Holdsworth
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@Bigjon I'm not responsible enough to be a "ringleader"

@viz is most definitely the Talisman

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• TTony said:

^^

Hi LongTall.

Check the post immediately above yours.  If you edit your post, you should then be able to put the line breaks in it

:)

Cheers dude. I wandered off to find the answer to that, found it then forgot to come back and edit it!  :\">
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from?
    I get a bit (a lot!) giddy when I've had sugar and/or caffinne (sp?).

Lancashire.

Kinda done them really. Played in front of 1000s, had songs played regularly on USA "hair metal" radio, been recognised by pretty girls (all of these a while ago). Now, I'd just be happy with not everyone in the pub saying that we were great - as they have a fag and listen from outside.
    Ooofff...my SG? My Explorer? My Marshall....errrrmmmm...errmmmm...My SG.

To play? To listen to? I do like playing "Bad Boy Boogie" - but also Hallowed Be Thy Name....erm...erm...Live Wire.

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Wotcha Manic.

Ohh, I remember Livewire.......that's the one I forgot the chords from........

:-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26453
    ^^ Welcome (back?), good sir :)
    <space for hire>