Wishing Well Solo Music (or tab)

What's Hot
chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
edited September 2019 in Theory
I’m trying to find the music or  tab for the solo in Free’s Wishing Well.....does anybody have a version I could take a look at, or know where I can find something to work off?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Cheers, no solo transcribed from what I can see........
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
    edited September 2019

Cheers for the suggestion....sounds cheeky but ideally a free version would be my preference......
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited September 2019
    It would take me ages to tab it out, with the nuances.

Below is a video of what I just worked out. Others may hear or play it differently. Can you get an idea from this? Assuming I've listened to the correct bit

It's not a competition.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited September 2019
    Weird. I uploaded it to YouTube and now it's disappeared. Perhaps I'm being censored. If I can't make it work I'll try another way.

edit: Think it's working now. I had to re-upload it in a different format to fool YouTube. It was preventing me uploading what it thought was a duplicate, even though the first file wasn't there.
    It's not a competition.
  • Can you download it from this link.

https://app.box.com/s/kc2pkwilftta0lyek7q4feu64jtzht0h
    It's not a competition.
  • I've got the transcription - pinged you a pm with link to where I've uploaded it on Google Drive for you :)
  • I've got the transcription - pinged you a pm with link to where I've uploaded it on Google Drive for you :)
    Most appreciated...
  • I've always wondered what the effect was on that solo. Ive always thought it was some kind of slow Leslie, phaser or flanger. Anyone know?
  • chunkmonk said:
    I've got the transcription - pinged you a pm with link to where I've uploaded it on Google Drive for you :)
    Most appreciated...
    you're welcome - you've probably seen by now, but it's a full mag - the transcription is in there. 

I've always wondered what the effect was on that solo. Ive always thought it was some kind of slow Leslie, phaser or flanger. Anyone know?
    notes on the transcription in the mag say it's a Leslie. 

If it's OK I'd be interested in seeing it to compare it to mine to learn from it.

Below is a transcription I just created in Guitar Pro 7. I notice that Kossoff releases the bend right at the end but my preference is to keep it up.

I can't be sure it's how he played it and I'm happy to hear any other thoughts.
    As a check for the transcription, below is the audio output of Guitar Pro 7.

https://app.box.com/s/ckvh5na2yol3eadyr418c368xmdn8qk0

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

If it's OK I'd be interested in seeing it to compare it to mine to learn from it.

link Pm'd :)

Below is a transcription I just created in Guitar Pro 7. I notice that Kossoff releases the bend right at the end but my preference is to keep it up.

I can't be sure it's how he played it and I'm happy to hear any other thoughts.
    As a check for the transcription, below is the audio output of Guitar Pro 7.

https://app.box.com/s/ckvh5na2yol3eadyr418c368xmdn8qk0

Pretty sure it’s not Kossof on that song. 

Some Japanese guy I can’t recall the name of, Mat someone???
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbreaker_(Free_album)  

Koss played on wishing well ... according to this ..

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    I've always wondered what the effect was on that solo. Ive always thought it was some kind of slow Leslie, phaser or flanger. Anyone know?
    Leslie cabinet.

professorben said:

Pretty sure it’s not Kossof on that song. 

Some Japanese guy I can’t recall the name of, Mat someone???
    Tetsu Yamauchi was the bass player.

Kossoff was the guitarist, although there has been a theory that Rodgers might have played it - since he did play electric guitar on the album - but it's pretty clearly Kossoff.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Imagine this is resolved now, but ISTR this was transcribed in a past issue of Guitar Techniques.