Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the new Yamaha THR II!

What's Hot
rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
Bet you didn't see this coming! Or maybe you did. In truth, it's been a long time coming but we're here now. 

So today we launch the new THR line. This new version adds a lot of the features people have been requesting. 

In the line we have the

THR30II Wireless
THR10II Wireless
THR10II

All the amps now have bluetooth (yay) and also have all the amps from all the different models (THR10, THR10X and THR10C) so no more having to choose. On the 30 you have access to all of them on the top panel. On the 10's you can still access them but need to go through the MAC? PC editor or using the IOS/ Android app. These will also give you the ability to deep edit effects parameters, change cabs, control the compressor/ noise gate, eq the playback. Loads of cool stuff. 

The 30 also features a L/R line out and both wireless models have a built in rechargeable battery. Speaking of wireless, the name kind of speaks for itself. The are wireless ready and have the Line 6 Relay G10 receiver built into them so all you need is a G10t and you're good to go and with the battery (about 5 hours use) you can be completely wireless. 

I've most likely forgotten something but any questions please ask away. I'm doing video stuff for the next day or so but will try and keep checking in. 

https://youtu.be/1PEIGolHZL8

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

1reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Interesting.
    Prices?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeh!!! So excited for this
  • octatonic said:
    Interesting.
    Prices?
    I’m not 100% sure what the SRP will be but they will no doubt be listed on dealers websites pretty soon if not already. 

• JohnCordy said:
    Yeh!!! So excited for this
    It’s so much fun. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Having an inbuilt G10 is a good move. I could actually see myself self buying one of these for the living room.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    Bluetooth, yay!
    App control, yay!
    Wireless, not essential for me but is a great feature, so yay!

Do any of these have a footswitch for - if nothing else - channel switching?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStu said:
    Bluetooth, yay!
    App control, yay!
    Wireless, not essential for me but is a great feature, so yay!

Do any of these have a footswitch for - if nothing else - channel switching?
    Unfortunately not. 

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Looks really good, biggest problem is my THR5 is so perfect for home I'm going to struggle to justify buying one. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @rossyamaha - looks good. Not for me (I just use Helix Native with a guitar lead permanently plumbed in to my desk and interface), but still...very cool to see the Line 6 and Yamaha tech being combined. Can we expect to see more of this sort of thing? Like, say, Pacificas with Variax tech in them?

By the way, does the G10t automatically charge from the jack socket like on the Spider range?
    <space for hire>
  • munckee said:
    Looks really good, biggest problem is my THR5 is so perfect for home I'm going to struggle to justify buying one. 

The THR5 isn't going anywhere. Has and always will be an amazing product. There are some big plusssseseses with the 10 and 30 like the bluetooth and wireless but I guess one of the biggest requests we had was to have access to all the different models in one amp which you now have. If you're happy with what you have and it makes you play more and for longer and have fun doing it, we have achieved our goal. If you fancy more, because, well more is more, have a look at the new ones. :-)

• @rossyamaha - looks good. Not for me (I just use Helix Native with a guitar lead permanently plumbed in to my desk and interface), but still...very cool to see the Line 6 and Yamaha tech being combined. Can we expect to see more of this sort of thing? Like, say, Pacificas with Variax tech in them?

By the way, does the G10t automatically charge from the jack socket like on the Spider range?
    I've been using Helix rack for a while at home with a G10. It's awesome but there is something fun about the THR. 

Pacifica with Variax tech kind of already exists without actually being that exactly. The Variax Standard was the first thing Yamaha and Line 6 did together. 

Yeah the G10T charges in the input socket. 

• @rossyamaha thanks for the heads-up. Have the speakers been changed, in the more powerful 30 in particular?
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    4reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Thought I was GASsed out but ......
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • barnstorm said:
    @rossyamaha thanks for the heads-up. Have the speakers been changed, in the more powerful 30 in particular?
    Not sure if they’ve changed but the 30 has slightly larger ones. 3.5” vs 3.1” on the 10. The 10 is now 20w as well. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    PC_Dave said:
    £469 for the THR10II Wireless.

That is not an inconsequential amount of money for what is effectively a 'home amp'.
    Under £300 it would be a no-brainer, but at that price it wouldn't be an insta-buy from me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11875
    octatonic said:
    PC_Dave said:
    £469 for the THR10II Wireless.

That is not an inconsequential amount of money for what is effectively a 'home amp'.
    Under £300 it would be a no-brainer, but at that price it wouldn't be an insta-buy from me.

I am thinking the same, the main difference is Bluetooth to the THR10 which I already have.  That's a lot of dough to replace a cable to my phone which it's meant for some noodling and practice.   £500+ for the THR30II puts it way into Valve amp territory for practice, not sure what market that is going for.
  • How much?

thats a lot for a toy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • How much is the THR10II without wireless? 

I don't really have any need for higher volume or wireless....and I'd probably just buy a wireless separately to use with all amps if I did go that route.

I almost went for a THR10 some years ago but the Boss Katana 100 1x12 came along.
  • For me the problem isn't so much that there are lots of other things at £535 that I'd buy instead, it's that £535 goes a long old way to buying a guitar or amp in the £700-1500 range.

If the 30 is more robust in the low end than the original 10 series, I'm sure it will sound very good; I'd hoped (without any reason to feel hopeful, admittedly) that the THR II would be a Bud-sized one-by combo.