Axisus's Parkrun progress thread.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Well it's been a long time coming, but I beat my best Parkrun time today. I got a bloodclot last summer so running was off the menu for a long time. Got another in late November!

Trying to get back on terms with just one run a week has been hard, and at 56 I thought maybe my best time was behind me, however, I managed to get 22.16 today! Shocked myself! It was a hot day and bloody hard. I almost collapsed when I finished.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DamianPDamianP Frets: 499
    edited July 2019
    axisus said:
    Well it's been a long time coming, but I beat my best Parkrun time today. I got a bloodclot last summer so running was off the menu for a long time. Got another in late November!

Trying to get back on terms with just one run a week has been hard, and at 56 I thought maybe my best time was behind me, however, I managed to get 22.16 today! Shocked myself! It was a hot day and bloody hard. I almost collapsed when I finished.
    Fantastic!  That's a great time, especially after your problems.

I find that the challenge of improving my times helps with overcoming all sorts of issues.  It's an extra motivation to regain/maintain health.  
    Parkrun is a huge part of that for me.  I do other races but the challenge of regularly running the same route is a great motivator.

Personally, I've finally reached my goal of running sub 21:00 at my local Parkrun. It has taken a while but even at 56, progress is possible!
    Next goal sub 20:00!!  

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DamianP said:
    axisus said:

Fantastic!  That's a great time, especially after your problems.

I find that the challenge of improving my times helps with overcoming all sorts of issues.  It's an extra motivation to regain/maintain health.  
    Parkrun is a huge part of that for me.  I do other races but the challenge of regularly running the same route is a great motivator.

Personally, I've finally reached my goal of running sub 21:00 at my local Parkrun. It has taken a while but even at 56, progress is possible!
    Next goal sub 20:00!!  

Well done! great time! I reckon I'm possibly 40 seconds faster on a flat course, I bl**dy hate my local Parkrun! I'm trying to get under 22 mins on that course, but I have to be in the right frame of mind to even attempt fast runs, it's such a hard effort for me now. 

Parkrun is certainly addictive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yay! Smashed my PB with 22.02 today. Pretty annoyed to not dip below 22 but I was maxed out for the last km.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Purple patch right now, 3rd PB in 3 weeks! Down to 21.50 today, very happy indeed with that.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom