Guitar Theory Improvement

What's Hot
chunkmonkchunkmonk Frets: 49
edited May 2019 in Theory
I’ve finally come to the conclusion my musical knowledge needs significant improvement.....I can play well enough and  muddle my way through some scales but my knowledge of  arpeggios, the circle of 5ths, etc all needs looking at and improving.

I do take regular lessons which cover both technique and theory, but I’d like to increase/ expand on the theory to increase my confidence.

I spend quite a bit of time travelling through airports for work, and thought maybe a few books / downloadable stuff  on guitar music theory might be a good way of spending that time, rather than reading trashy novels etc.....can anyone suggest any books / downloads that could help?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    Check out Justinguitar.com 

I actually stopped paid lessons and dip in and out of there now, loads of lessons on theory and practical plus learning aids.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1367
    Check out Justinguitar.com 

I actually stopped paid lessons and dip in and out of there now, loads of lessons on theory and practical plus learning aids.
    These days, the Practical Theory part of Justin's site requires payment to access it, but it is decent and he is steadily expanding it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KRSKRS Frets: 9
    Check out the Guthrie Govan books. There's two of them and they are fantastic in my opinion.  Lots of ideas and examples from one of the good guys. 
  • bloomerbloomer Frets: 207
    Rick Beato's youtube channel, it's immense. 
  • greejngreejn Frets: 127
    I've got lots of guitar theory articles on hubpages.com, you can ask questions as well.