Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Sheeran Guitars - by Lowden NAMM

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave, I have the s4 on order, there have been delays, I’ve spoken to George louden, he has assured me, they will be dispatched 23sept, I,m really anxious to get it, I will give my opinion when I’ve, played it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    ... and i have have an S3 on reserve. Am wondering if there might be a choice (depending on whether GG get several) or if it’s take it or leave it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2019
    ... and another update, prompted by an email to a certain GuitarGuitar branch this week ....

"Thanks for your email - we have just started to see some of these arrive, so far we have not had S-03 models but as soon as they are in stock you will be contacted, thank you for your patience these guitars have been massively popular and we have allocations from Feb."

I assume that's Feb next year (2020). Sigh.

Sounds like GG are just waiting to see what they get after placing a generic order. Surely, it would have been better if retailers were advising Lowden of customer specific reservations, so they get customer-centric deliveries? It seems I've got to wait another 5 months. Barking.

Anyone else have better news? Anyone from GuitarGuitar or ANOther retailer like to comment?

• Hi there, clichéd long time lurker first time poster here. Just thought I'd add that I picked my S01 up last Monday from Matchetts here in Belfast. Think they got the first shipment. It came with a few goodies in way of apology for the delay - a t-shirt, leather strap and some plectrums.
    Guitar is terrific btw  =)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Kelltic said:
    Hi there, clichéd long time lurker first time poster here. Just thought I'd add that I picked my S01 up last Monday from Matchetts here in Belfast. Think they got the first shipment. It came with a few goodies in way of apology for the delay - a t-shirt, leather strap and some plectrums.
    Guitar is terrific btw  =)

Did Matchett's get enough in to present you with a choice?
  • I didn't ask them, they pulled out a box with my name on it, so I am guessing they only had enough for preorders, no extra. They did say this was the 2nd batch but that George Lowden recalled the first batch due to QC. 
  • Give us more details @Kelltic ! Anyone else with a Sheeran / Lowden already?
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 730
    tFB Trader
    Just an update for anyone on these. I have spoken to a couple of different Lowden employees in the last week who have all commented that Lowden/Sheeran are having big QC issues with the new line of guitars.. Producing a "handmade" (albeit with CNC machines) guitar on a low budget was always going to be a challenge - but I get the impression Sheeran didn't realise just how much of a challenge it would be!
    www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GTCGTC Frets: 261
    I pre-ordered one from Project Music out of curiosity and to see if they really exist. I'm not holding my breath.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Shambles 
    Anchorboy said:
    Just an update for anyone on these. I have spoken to a couple of different Lowden employees in the last week who have all commented that Lowden/Sheeran are having big QC issues with the new line of guitars.. Producing a "handmade" (albeit with CNC machines) guitar on a low budget was always going to be a challenge - but I get the impression Sheeran didn't realise just how much of a challenge it would be!
    Kelltic said:
    I didn't ask them, they pulled out a box with my name on it, so I am guessing they only had enough for preorders, no extra. They did say this was the 2nd batch but that George Lowden recalled the first batch due to QC. 
    It definitely looks like they are taking the QC seriously. Despite Sheeran being a sub-brand, they are inextricably linked with Lowden, and i suspect Lowden doesn't want poor QC to affect his own guitar brand.

I’m thinking it bodes well, unless (until?) they raise the prices to allow for better manufacture and/or extended QC.

PS - GG yesterday again confirmed Feb 2020 as earliest for my S-03.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    fandango said:
    Anchorboy said:
    Kelltic said:
    I didn't ask them, they pulled out a box with my name on it, so I am guessing they only had enough for preorders, no extra. They did say this was the 2nd batch but that George Lowden recalled the first batch due to QC. 
    It definitely looks like they are taking the QC seriously. Despite Sheeran being a sub-brand, they are inextricably linked with Lowden, and i suspect Lowden doesn't want poor QC to affect his own guitar brand.

I’m thinking it bodes well, unless (until?) they raise the prices to allow for better manufacture and/or extended QC.

I heard that they plan to move production of all Lowdens to that factory at some point, so I assume they would have to ensure everything works as planned 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    It must be a good thing that they are maintaining a high standard of QC, but frustrating for folk who were expecting one. 

I guess any "reviews" that were done of pre-production ones are now moot - be interesting to see what the end result is like 
    Red ones are better. 
  • It’s good that they are fussy about quality but worrying that they can’t get it right 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11791
    It’s good that they are fussy about quality but worrying that they can’t get it right 
    didn't someone say they'd given up on normal finishing, and decided to oil them instead?
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7350
    Whatever the issues, it's the Brexit of product launches 
    Red ones are better. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    TimmyO said:
    Whatever the issues, it's the Brexit of product launches 
    Nah, the Diamond Memory Lane Jr Dlx is about to enter into its 3rd NAMM show without actually being launched yet - still gonna buy one though if it ever comes out. 
  • GTCGTC Frets: 261
    I am beginning to think getting your hands on one of these is less likely coming face-to-face with a live leprechaun. However, I saw that there was a user review at Richards Guitars (02/11/19) for an S04 saying the guitar was worth the wait.
  • Eric_CEric_C Frets: 52
    edited November 2019
    I’m sure after the initial set up issues they are having they'll be knocking them out in no time.