Daft question about violin bow

What's Hot
HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15926
Often wondered about this........imagine you are on the violin and playin' a looooong sustained upstroke note and are at the end of the bows travel and you are now required to continue the note with a down stroke, yeah?

Is that a glitch free manoeuvre?

can it sound like many bars of a continued sustained single note or are the changes from down to up or vice versa always noticeable?

tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10647
    edited October 2019
    If you can do it well it’s hardly noticeable and it can also be masked by swelling the volume before and after the end of the stroke
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    edited October 2019
    Like the very last note of this fantastic performance - I challenge anyone to hear the stroke change!

https://youtu.be/6vqt51VVidY
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Also this:

he talks about it at 7:35 and then you can see a great example at 11:14

https://youtu.be/AEK_ur1yqy4