0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 421
    pm'd
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited October 2019
    mrkb said:
    JMP220478 said:
    Anyone purchase the DBBAudio.com XR presets - any feedback ?

pm'd
    Id be interested in knowing this as well.
    I bought them pretty much the first week I had the mixer.

The presets are useful to see how the guy approaches things with regards the compressor and gate settings on the vocals and drum presets etc. However the gate settings I found very aggressive. They worked pretty well with a few tweaks for my old drummer (Badly tuned kit which resonated all over the place) but my new drummer hates gates full stop and to be honest his kit doesn’t need them as it’s tuned so well.

The main problem is it’s pretty much impossible to have a preset that will work for every kick, snare, Tom etc. Every drum is different so you really have to eq them by ear and find the fundamental frequency for each drum.

By all means use the presets as starting points but don’t take them as gospel and expect them to sound exactly right for your setup.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6775
    mrkb said:
    JMP220478 said:

pm'd

The presets are useful to see how the guy approaches things with regards the compressor and gate settings on the vocals and drum presets etc. However the gate settings I found very aggressive. They worked pretty well with a few tweaks for my old drummer (Badly tuned kit which resonated all over the place) but my new drummer hates gates full stop and to be honest his kit doesn’t need them as it’s tuned so well.

The main problem is it’s pretty much impossible to have a preset that will work for every kick, snare, Tom etc. Every drum is different so you really have to eq them by ear and find the fundamental frequency for each drum.

By all means use the presets as starting points but don’t take them as gospel and expect them to sound exactly right for your setup.
    Thanks, I assume these aren't the same presets that were available from the forum?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    mrkb said:
    JMP220478 said:

pm'd

Thanks, I assume these aren't the same presets that were available from the forum?
    No the ones from the forum were put together by the members on there and made available for free to the forum community. The DBB Audio presets are commercial presets you need to buy.
  • Are the presets applicable to a 16? if so id love a copy too
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1156
    edited October 2019
    Are the presets applicable to a 16? if so id love a copy too
    Yes they work across the whole XR range of mixers. Here is the link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/34jxddywdid7yln/AACF07yOh0AC5NzF32MKu6_ba?dl=0