Stephen Moore

What's Hot
Actor, probably most widely known for providing the voice for Marvin The Paranoid Android in the original radio and television editions of The Hitch-Hiker's Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-50035065
Be seeing you.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6594
    edited October 2019
    Fuck. I loved Stephen, we first worked together on a production of Peer Gynt at the National Theatre. Hit it off like a house on fire from when we first met on the first day of rehearsals.....similar sense of humour.

He was the older Peer and I was the Musical Director. We had a total blast, he was so funny and a great stoner, we used to get stoned in his dressing room before pretty much every show! 

We worked on a couple of shows after that too. Sweet guy, intelligent funny (I said that already)thoughtful, caring and generous. 

He'll be missed. 

btw his home answering machine used to be the voice of Marvin for a couple of years. I can't quite remember what it said but it was very funny! 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12254
    Will always be Adrian Mole’s dad to me. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Always seemed such a charming and affable man. I was another who grew up with Marvin, via the excellent BBC radio production. The subsequent TV show was deeply flawed but still good. From then on my family always looked out for him on TV over the years.

RIP Stephen
  • I think you ought to know I'm feeling depressed
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    A very "reliable" actor, if he was in something you knew it was probably going to be rather good. Didn't realise he was past 80, he looked much younger.