Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    @soma1975 ill send you a PM in the morning mate 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    For sale - 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/165760/fs-sc-relics-t-guitar#latest

@onpar is selling one of our T builds which he commissioned earlier in the year. The current list price on a build like this is £1500 with a lead in time of 16-20 weeks so this is the chance to grab a deal. 

* No templates were harmed in the making of this guitar. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:
    Does anyone even bother with this thread anymore?
    Yep, there is a whole bunch of us following and loving your work Scott. 
    Scott. Lack of feedback doesn’t mean that people aren’t watching. WezV once asked about it because he didn’t want to post his builds if no one was interested. The response was that lots of people watched, but didn’t want to clutter his build threads with “this is amazing” comments.
    I guess it’s hard to stay motivated in a sense because it comes across as pointless spam (even though this is a dedicated thread for the business)... hard to explain. Definitely not expecting constant praise or any, there’s only so many times an individual can say “wow, cool work” which I get. 

rze99 said:
    Keep them coming Scott. I really enjoy the threads too no doubt like others here I’ve had a hiatus on building as I’ve no more guitar room left and I can’t bear to sell my builds
    That’s not a bad problem to have at all, I just sold my sunburst strat body as I don’t play anymore really. That leaves me with zero guitars to my name but I’m sure I’ll end up building something else for myself soon.
    edited October 2019 tFB Trader
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3137
    Building beautiful guitars but have sold your guitars? Scott, that’s sad; make sure you always have one on the go, playing is joy. 

Build yourself a paisley Jazzmaster or something, let it be a test bed if you will, but don’t stop playing. 
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

See those are too good to not have one in your own collection! 
    tFB Trader
    @Teyeplayer i was speaking about this on my own Facebook page last night... I don’t have the time or desire to play just now. The root of the problem is that my current reality involves being surrounded by guitars all day, every day. I don’t feel the need to play one as a means of relaxing. Even when “relaxing” the chances are I’m wet sanding a body or neck while watching a movie. The downside to doing this sort of work is the desire to play has gone, for now. 
    I get that, building a business will always involve the business encroaching on your home life -most jobs do that anyway, but building a business is far worse. Just seems a little bit sad that’s all. 

I recall you talking about going full time and your concerns, not only about it working out, but impacting on home life. Not playing feels an uncomfortable result as a bystander. Though if you don’t have the desire, I guess there is no harm done, it’s just a great pity if playing has been something you have found pleasure in up until now and you feel you have lost that as a result.

It’ll come back though I’m sure. You are on here after all and we are all gas enablers. ;)
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    tFB Trader
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

It's a wow from me!! 
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
  • Roland said:
    Scott. Lack of feedback doesn’t mean that people aren’t watching. WezV once asked about it because he didn’t want to post his builds if no one was interested. The response was that lots of people watched, but didn’t want to clutter his build threads with “this is amazing” comments.
    I guess it’s hard to stay motivated in a sense because it comes across as pointless spam (even though this is a dedicated thread for the business)... hard to explain. Definitely not expecting constant praise or any, there’s only so many times an individual can say “wow, cool work” which I get. 

rze99 said:
    Keep them coming Scott. I really enjoy the threads too no doubt like others here I’ve had a hiatus on building as I’ve no more guitar room left and I can’t bear to sell my builds
    That’s not a bad problem to have at all, I just sold my sunburst strat body as I don’t play anymore really. That leaves me with zero guitars to my name but I’m sure I’ll end up building something else for myself soon.
    Did that awesome LBP Strat go too then? The one I kept drooling over?!
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:

rze99 said:
    Did that awesome LBP Strat go too then? The one I kept drooling over?!
    It’s still here, the body is stripped out of hardware and electrics. I don’t have any plans for it tbh
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

Jesus!

Just when I thought pink paisley was my favourite - what’s the blue one hiding in the back?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

Jesus!

Just when I thought pink paisley was my favourite - what’s the blue one hiding in the back?
    You shall see soon :)
    tFB Trader
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

It's a wow from me!! 
    Thank you very much kind Sir :D
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Iamnobody said:
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

Jesus!

Daphne blue?
    Previously known as stevebrum
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    Iamnobody said:
    Happy Tele Tuesday! 

Jesus!

Daphne blue?
    The light is distorting the colour a bit, this one will have an ocean turquoise burst
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    Mate do use the same technique as the likes of Fender? There's something in these pics, to my eye anyway, that looks slightly different. Not worse just different. Yours has a lovely 'honey' gloss 
    Or do you maybe buff them up differently?

I'd love to be able to do a nice finish like these.
    tFB Trader
    Mate do use the same technique as the likes of Fender? There's something in these pics, to my eye anyway, that looks slightly different. Not worse just different. Yours has a lovely 'honey' gloss 
    Or do you maybe buff them up differently?

I'd love to be able to do a nice finish like these.
    Do you mean the paisleys or any of them? I don’t know how fender do theirs tbh but I can hazard a guess based on what I’ve stripped off their CS bodies that have come in for refinishing ;)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited October 2019
    All of the ones if seen. 
    They have a 'natural' look.

Very nice anyway! 
    tFB Trader
    Mr John Shanks’s Cabronita is ready to head Stateside 

https://i.imgur.com/oHYCAKW.jpg

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom