Introduce Yourself

What's Hot

Comments

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

First band.....the mighty 'Grimly Fiendish Rhythm 'n' Blues Experience'

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Southport, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

I am currently fulfilling it, playing locally and at the odd festival, it's great. But I suppose I would like to be able to play 'properly' (wouldn't we all)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

H & K Tubemeister 18 (so small, so light, so loud, so easy to get good noises from it and the DI is great)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Rush - Cygnus X-1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • cloudsweptcloudswept Frets: 0
    edited September 2019

Hi Beano here

My user name is the name of a tune I wrote many years ago.

I live in West Lothian, just outside Edinburgh.

My main musical ambition is just to be happy making music I love

My best bit of gear is my Moog Ring Modulator

My number one track is Strawberry Fields Forever

Cheers

Beano

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AornicAornic Frets: 474
    Hi all.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

I wish I had a good answer for this but it's just a random username I made up as a teenager long ago.

I'm from Pakistan originally but now live in South-West London.

To finish up song demos I've had kicking around since 2006 and to conquer stage fright and be able to perform to an audience without nerves making me mess up as happens currently.

Hard to pick but I would say my modified relic purple metallic Strat with Fender Custom 69's in the neck and middle and a Dimarzio FS-1 in the bridge.

Fade to Black by Metallica.

• Hi, I'm 62 play bass and some guitar and live in Edinburgh.

Q1: a play on a previous occupation and my most used bass.

Q2: from a forces family, so I lived many placest as a kid, including Hong Kong, Aden, Germany.
    Then Hereford, London and now Edinburgh.

Q3: to be a better player

Q4: 1988 Musicman Stingray

Q5: impossible to pick one.

• Q1:  Where did you username come from? Paul Calf's Video Diary (Steve Coogan classic). His mate is called Fat Bob. 

Vale of Glamorgan, Wales. 

To resurrect, Prince and Bowie and stop Bob Dylan from passing on. 

My Yamaha 812v TLB. Pristine condition. 

While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Rock 'n Roll HoF Induction for George Harrison, with Dani Harrison, Steve Winwood, Tom Petty, Jeff Lynn and Prince. 

Peace is the absence of desire. Discuss...
  • rjb2679rjb2679 Frets: 1
    edited September 2019

Hi folks, 1st post;

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Simple initials & when I was born. 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? Manchester, England

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To learn a number of instruments and make some songs that I do all myself (well apart from vocals, no-one wants to hear fingernails down a blackboard!)

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - ID Core amp, 1st proper one & love it!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - Julie by The Levellers 

• rjb2679 said:

Hi folks, 1st post;

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? To learn a number of instruments and make some songs that I do all myself (well apart from vocals, no-one wants to hear fingernails down a blackboard!)

@rjb2679  Those are my initials as well.  Are you me?

• Q1:  Where did you username come from?

It's my real name.

Netherlands

Make nice songs to praise / encourage my wide and kids. To praise the Lord.

I don't have it anymore, but the Audio Kit hen Small Trees made an eberlasting impression on me. I traded it for a VL Effects OD One Big Block that left me dazzled quite a bit as well. Still own that one. But my gear changes every few months just to try new stuff.

I think the Carmina Burana by Carl Orf.

• KRSKRS Frets: 9
    edited September 2019
    Hello fellow guitar people.

My username could have come from space, or indeed, Mars. But actually it's bits of my real name with bits taken out. 

I'm in West Lancashire, just up road from Liverpool. 

I hope to to continue to live and breath music for the rest of eternity. I would like to collaborate with more musicians, maybe even earn some dosh. Imagine that. And shred. I deffo wanna shred. 

I just got a Boss rc1. Spent all of Sunday recording a slo version of 'Roses' by Outkast. I don't think I've ever had so much fun..I think for me, getting a looper for the first time is kind of life changing. I really didn't know you could be so creative with such a simple device. Mind. Blown.

This last question is ridiculous. How you expect me to answer that?

Gonna have to go with first thing that springs to mind.

Edit. I've changed my mind. Gonna have to go with the second thing that springs to mind..

Trenchtown Rock by Bob Marley & the Wailers. Off of the Live! album. On Vinyl. Very loud through enormous speakers. At home with my family. On a Sunday afternoon. 
  • Hi all,

I've joined the forum after kind of re-kindling my interest in guitar(s). Trying to continue learning where I stopped years ago, never really getting to the point where I'd be happy with my level. So the plan is to browse around and see if some of the questions I'd have have already been covered and if not perhaps ask a few.

To start with I've put up my old guitar for sale here which I understand people are not so crazy about from a new member. But it just so happens that it was a natural sequence of events. :) As it happens I don't have the space for multiple guitars, or a permanent rig setup so it was a bit of a chore to take everything out in order to play the electric. To the point where I stopped playing which is not good! So after many years of this status quo I bought a shiny new acoustic and now have to sell my trusted old Epi Les Paul. Which was a first and only guitar I ever owned.

Onto the questions..

Q1:
    There isn't a big story behind it. Had to come up with something. First went with PlayerFromOuterSpace but that seemed to long and misleading. :)

Q2:
    Reading, UK at the moment and for the past decade and a half. Originally from Croatia.

Q3:
    To brush up on and improve my skills so I can play good enough to satisfy myself. Which isn't saying much since I never liked the simple stuff.

Q4:
    My brand new Takamine P5DC. I am loving the quality, playability and sound. Completely new experience for me.

Q5:
    My track or someone else's? I recorded a few but one is the most accomplished and so my favourite. That would be a cover of Neil Young's Heart of Gold, where I play the rhythm guitar and my brother does a couple trumpet solos. Plus sequenced piano, bass and drums. I actually think the base for the backing track started from some GuitarPro file, exported to MIDI and edited for proper instruments etc.

If we are talking about a track from a real band then this is an extremely hard question and I cannot single out just one. I love so many different things musically.

• rjb2679 said:

Hi folks, 1st post;

@rjb2679  Those are my initials as well.  Are you me?
    We are legion  ;)
  • twguitartwguitar Frets: 5
    edited September 2019

Hi everyone! Been around for a while but thought it was time I got involved more, great to see a UK based scene doing so well.

Bit of a BC Rich nut....yes really. Not talking about the stuff you see everyday but the magic USA and vintage guitars, impossible to find here but I love them to pieces, take them over anything else.

Q1:  Where did you username come from? Initials and I've just used it forever

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? From South Wales, living in Devon

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? Have fun, collect and build guitars

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? Impossible but maybe the Kemper

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Comfortably Numb 

• Rich210Rich210 Frets: 577
    I love a 210 speaker setup! My love is a musicman 210 sixty five that I've modded with kt88's.

I'm from Manchester

Main musical ambition is to write music with friends and independently. Get better on guitar drums and bass, and gig once in a while!

My best bit of gear is probably my rig. I've got some beastly Adamson speakers that kick ass on a humongous scale.

My number 1 track is probably Papua New Guinea by Future Sounds of London
  • Q1:  It came out of left field lol

Q2:  Travel back and forth between the US and UK

Q3:  Just a hobbyist guitarist, love guitars, amps, and most of all effects pedals! 

Q4:  My trusty Fender Blues Jr, love that thing

Q5:  Probably Supersonic by Oasis

Some online guitar lessons are worth a lifetime of forum posts!  =)
  • Hi all!

Q1: My username comes from my guitar tech business
    Q2:  Just north of Mansfield Nottinghamshire.
    Q3:  I'd love to have time for more gigs and be able to tour
    Q4:   I always wanted a Gibson Les Paul Custom, I finally got one in 2012, it's a '92.
    Q5: There are too many to pick from across multiple genres, I couldn't possibly choose one over all others.....
  • sergiosergio Frets: 115

Hi all! I've been lurking for a while, in the past few months I've posted a couple of questions and had a pair of deals in the classifieds. I want to participate more so it's about time I properly introduced myself!

It's my name. I've been on Internet sites since the 90s and always try to use my name first. Never been able to before.

London

Well, I started learning guitar a little under a year ago, so my current ambition is to be able to go into a shop and not feel ashamed of my playing.

Mmmh difficult to choose, but the one I'm using 90% of the time I play is the Line6 G10 I got recently - freedom!

Roundabout - Yes

I also want to thank the mods for creating and maintaining this board. As I say above I've been on the internet for a loooong time and I've seen communities of every type come and go, and I know how much effort it takes to keep them from becoming bad. This is such a great community, knowledgeable and welcoming, and it's because of the efforts of the mods. Thanks for that.

• JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8774
    sergio said:

Hi all! I've been lurking for a while, in the past few months I've posted a couple of questions and had a pair of deals in the classifieds. I want to participate more so it's about time I properly introduced myself!

It's my name. I've been on Internet sites since the 90s and always try to use my name first. Never been able to before.

London

Well, I started learning guitar a little under a year ago, so my current ambition is to be able to go into a shop and not feel ashamed of my playing.

Mmmh difficult to choose, but the one I'm using 90% of the time I play is the Line6 G10 I got recently - freedom!

Roundabout - Yes

I also want to thank the mods for creating and maintaining this board. As I say above I've been on the internet for a loooong time and I've seen communities of every type come and go, and I know how much effort it takes to keep them from becoming bad. This is such a great community, knowledgeable and welcoming, and it's because of the efforts of the mods. Thanks for that.

Heyyy welcome buddy: you still rocking the shit outta that Greco?
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • gman58gman58 Frets: 2

Hi everyone! I have been viewing here for a while and just joined today. I am relatively new to guitar and still on the lower steps of the long ladder to credibility. Hoping to learn a lot from the experience on this site and hopefully help at some point too.

Q1:  Where did you username come from?     My name 

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?       Wirral, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?        To be able to play without embarrassing myself or others around me.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?       PRS S2 Custom 24

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? Fleetwood Mac - Big love acoustic version from The Dance (I'm very slowly learning to play it)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Q1:  Where did you username come from? - It's my business name. I'm not a bear hunter.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you? - UK, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition? - To make more time to start playing again.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? - The Whammy WH1 I had as a kid. It's still with me in spirit.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? - I don't have a consistent enough mood to narrow it down to just one. Impossible.

Instagram: @loadedforbearaudio | Facebook: @loadedforbearaudio | Twitter: @LFB_Audio

Premium braided audio cables, hand crafted in the UK
    | https://loadedforbear.co.uk/
  • Q1: My name

Q2: UK...Plymouth , Devon

Q3: To keep learning..

Q4: Custom Andy Manson acoustic

Q5: Impossible to just pick one I'm afraid!