SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Squier VM Gary Jarman (Bass V style)

guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4067
edited October 2019 in Basses £
I've had this lovely little thing for a couple of years now but have started wanting something a bit more modern sounding to match the music I play. 

I'm not exactly an expert on basses, so can't really offer many insights into how it compares to other guitars, but it plays very nicely without much buzzing or rattling, sustains well, and looks bloody fantastic. It's in practically as-new condition, I'll give it a proper once over again tonight and sort some photos out but I don't remember it having any noticeable wear and tear at all!

£250 collected/deliver in London, can post at cost.

"The bass was an amalgamation of his [Gary Jarman's] favorite Fender models. He claims the concept of his signature instrument was influenced by both these basses, as well as an obscure Fender design from the 1960s, the Bass V.[2] The bass features a split coil humbucking pickup, hi-mass bridge, and an unusual 32" scale length neck - a compromise between the short scale Mustang Bass (30"), and the Precision (34") “I use a P-Bass, but before that I always used Mustangs and I wanted to find a balance between the two [scale-lengths], so we made a medium-scale neck.” he explained. The bass also features a headstock shape which dates back to the original Precision Bass design from the early 1950s."

Specifications
  • Series: Artist Models
  • Neck: Maple with Rosewood Fingerboard, "C" Shape
  • Frets: 20, Vintage-Style
  • Fingerboard: Rosewood, 9.5" (241 mm)
  • Nut (Material/Width): Plastic, 1.650" (42 mm)
  • Tuning Machines: Covered Chrome
  • Scale Length: 32" (813 mm)
  • Bridge: 4-Saddle Adjustable HiMass
  • Pickups: Vintage-style Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
  • Strings: NPS, Gauges .045-.105
  • Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
  • Other Features: Vintage tint on neck, Brass Saddles on high mass bridge, 3 Ply Pearloid Pickguard, Treble side thumb rest and Jazz Bass knobs.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Forgot to add -  I'm eyeing up a Sire M-series as a probable replacement, so if you have one (or similar) as trade bait please let me know.
  • Sold pending payment