Where to get a high quality pre-cut bone Jazz bass nut 7.25 .1.5?

rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
edited October 2019 in Bass
Hi
Where can I get a high quality pre-cut bone Jazz bass nut 7.25 .1.5? it's for a Fender Flea Jazz bass.

thanks all

R
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2260
    With a radiused curved bottom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    By pre-cut, do you mean a pre-shaped blank in need of slotting or something almost finished? *

* Any replacement nut will require some final fettling to suit the host instrument.
    Be seeing you.
    Something close to finished. I understand final adjustments necessary. 
    Pretty low traffic on this page... I've answered my own question and post here for future searchers:

There is indeed a Fender part and it is available in the UK but only in a pair (which I don't want). .But why sell in twos?

https://www.hoganmusic.co.uk/jazz-bass-preslotted-micarta-string-nut-set-of-2.ir

So I bought one of these that pre-slotted bone nuts just need a little more shaping and radiusing at a quarter of the price of the above pack

https://www.northwestguitars.co.uk/bone-nut-38mm-for-electric-jazz-bass-pre-slotted/

So I'll be sorted.. albeit with more shaping and filing than I'd prefer

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    edited December 2019
    Pre-slotted nuts are trying to be one size fits all. Unfortunately, there will be some variance in exact dimensions and string slot spacings. (Even just in the sense of Metric versus Imperial.) The makers can have no knowledge of fret heights or string gauges used by an individual customer.

Starting from an unshaped blank is the only way to be absolutely certain of achieving the fit needed by a given instrument. Unfortunately, as you appreciate, it involves a shedload of work. Tell yourself that you're worth it.
    Be seeing you.