Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72227
    Given that he clearly hasn't bothered detuning it, it's quite surprising that it hasn't simply ripped the top apart completely.

It is probably repairable, but at a guess it may not be economical if you have to pay someone to do it. Probably still slightly too expensive as it is, even though the electrics and machineheads are worth something.

Candidate for @LittleBlue and a mandolin conversion? Might be interesting to see how adaptable the HPL and Stratabond neck are to that...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    The purchaser could try gluing the top back together for that Williie Nelson vibe but its sound would be impaired just a tad. Proper repair involves a new top. The cost of doing that is probably greater than simply buying another pre-owned Martin acoustic guitar - even another left-handed one!
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11445
    I used to own a right handed one of those.  They are good guitars, but you can probably get them for £350 to £400 second hand.  As others have said, given the amount of work, that's probably not economically repairable if you have to pay someone else to do it.

It's got a basic Fishman pickup and preamp, but I wouldn't pay more than £50 for that second hand. Anything more than that, and you would be better getting a K&K Pure Mini, which is a better sounding pickup.

I guess the tuners may be worth £20.  It's not like they are locking Gotohs.

It makes sense as a project for someone who can do the work themselves - either to fix it, or use the neck as a donor for another guitar.
  • It might work. Certainly have made a mandolin with a top that was split previously. But not a full split down the middle of one half. Thanks for thinking of me :-D