Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Fender Ultra Series

What's Hot

Comments

• Ariel Posen again, the man is omnipresent in the on-line guitar world!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    Posen? Not really a Fender guy is he, still with Mayer out the picture.....
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4127
    WildWayz said:
    WOW - thought they'd be more interesting...

Leo Fender was the pioneer behind the evolution of the solid-body musical instrument, from designing and manufacturing the very first electric bass guitar in 1951 to inventing the most iconic guitar design of all time the Stratocaster in 1954. It is no surprise that his legacy lives on and Fender have pushed the boundaries yet again with one of the most advanced series of guitars and basses designed to cover the needs of modern players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone.

Whether you are a guitarist or a bass player the American Ultra Series will cater for all with the new body contours and rolled fingerboard edges to provide the most comfortable playing experience. The lineup includes the Fender American Ultra Stratocaster which is available as an HSS option to deliver a punchier sound from the bridge pickup, the American Ultra Telecaster, American Ultra Jazzmaster for a truly modern take on a guitar that is normally very traditional, American Ultra Jazz Bass and the American Ultra Precision Bass which has a PJ pickup configuration for even more versatility. All models are available with a Rosewood or Maple fretboard and have a whole host of new colours to choose from including Plasma Red Burst, Mocha Burst, Cobra Blue and Texas Tea to name a few.

The brand new Fender American Ultra series ticks all of the boxes and delivers a versatile, state-of-the-art instrument that will inspire you to push your playing to new heights. Above. Beyond. Ultra

From £1,750 - £1,900!

Jeez would it have killed him to spit his f**king gum out before filming? yeuck...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1264
    Turns the brands they bought out, EVH and Charvel, are far more interesting than Fender themselves.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8534
    I’m a big Fender fan but that’s really dull. And for some reason, all the deluxe / elite / ultra ranges just look a bit heavy and bloated. Can’t put my finger on it but a Suhr / Tyler / TA just looks better for this modern Strat take. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

• the American Ultra Series will cater for all with the new body contours and rolled fingerboard edges to provide the most comfortable playing experience. T

Wrong!
    Some of us despise rolled edges. 
    I sometimes think, therefore I am intermittent
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3492
    Lewy said:
    WildWayz said:
    WOW - thought they'd be more interesting...

Leo Fender was the pioneer behind the evolution of the solid-body musical instrument, from designing and manufacturing the very first electric bass guitar in 1951 to inventing the most iconic guitar design of all time the Stratocaster in 1954. It is no surprise that his legacy lives on and Fender have pushed the boundaries yet again with one of the most advanced series of guitars and basses designed to cover the needs of modern players who demand the ultimate in precision, performance and tone.

Whether you are a guitarist or a bass player the American Ultra Series will cater for all with the new body contours and rolled fingerboard edges to provide the most comfortable playing experience. The lineup includes the Fender American Ultra Stratocaster which is available as an HSS option to deliver a punchier sound from the bridge pickup, the American Ultra Telecaster, American Ultra Jazzmaster for a truly modern take on a guitar that is normally very traditional, American Ultra Jazz Bass and the American Ultra Precision Bass which has a PJ pickup configuration for even more versatility. All models are available with a Rosewood or Maple fretboard and have a whole host of new colours to choose from including Plasma Red Burst, Mocha Burst, Cobra Blue and Texas Tea to name a few.

The brand new Fender American Ultra series ticks all of the boxes and delivers a versatile, state-of-the-art instrument that will inspire you to push your playing to new heights. Above. Beyond. Ultra

From £1,750 - £1,900!

Jeez would it have killed him to spit his f**king gum out before filming? yeuck...
    But how else are you to know he's 'cool'?
  • Waiting for plus x version 
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    Haven't looked too closely at the guitars, but that's no P-bass!
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11814
    Just watched Anderton's video.  

When I watched their preview of the PRS 2020 line, I wanted one.  Thought the quality from those guitar really came through, even through YouTube compression.  

Watching the Ultra, meh....It doesn't sound any better than some of the Strat demos they've done and when compared to the Elite, the difference is SO marginal, Pete said it was clearer, I thought the high end was more ice picky as a result of that extra high end.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    3 knobs on a Jazzmaster ? Makes it look like a G&L Doheny.. 
  • Only the White and the Natural Strats don't look gaudy! I like that aged white pickguard though, but not the awful sparkly blue colour that surrounds it.

All that is moot though as they have the Noiseless Pick Ups as expected and I'm not a fan of D Profiles.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1204
    I tend to think that American Ultra sounds like it ought to be a terrible action movie from the 90s starring Jean Claude Van Damme. 
    It makes me think of...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Next years epic deal models.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • The Deluxe/Elite have always been a bit odd. Significantly more expensive than the Standard/Pro line but without enough tangible benefits to be worthwhile. 

I guess there must be some market from “more casual” players who see them as better who might not even look at the likes of Suhr etc. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • dcgdcg Frets: 228
    All highly serviceable guitars I'm sure, but as a Tele player, it has to be said that the Ultra Telecaster simply looks like a Deluxe with the rear contour, cutaway heel, and noiseless pickups.  Which you can buy used for £900 on a good day.
    If I would have welcomed one thing, it would have been a drop top on the Tele Ultra; whilst that front binding of course looks cooler than Frosty the Snowman, it is extremely uncomfortable (in my view), and marks your inner arm after a short while playing in a way that you don't experience on a Les Paul (for example).
    A sucked sweet front and rear-contoured Tele - which still looked like a Tele - would have been a great addition to the line from my point of view.  Oh, and some real eyepopping DuPont/Cadillac colours from the '50s - although I would of course still have bought an Olympic White model...
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5596
    For what it's worth I think they look ok, just not at that price.  They seem to be trying to compete with the likes of Suhr and Anderson with some of the features but at a slightly lower price point.

They don't interest me since I'm not really a fan of compound radius boards, although Charvel seem to pull it off remarkably well, every other compound board I've played just doesn't feel quite right.

That said, I've not played one, maybe they're killer guitars to play, who knows.

I wish Fender (and a lot of other manufacturers, for that matter) would consolidate the range a bit.  There are just too many different models and different price points, it's confusing and unnecessary.  Add to that the fact that the range and line up seems to change year on year and it's even more confusing and unnecessary.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• I wonder why they didn't include the MusicMan-type truss rod adjustment wheel on this range as they have on some of their other guitars. I looked at the video for the Ultra bound Tele and was completely underwhelmed and as I was watching it was thinking of the parts I'd change to improve it, that anodised pick guard for starters. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Strat54 said:
    More nonsense and an excuse for a price rise no doubt. They couldn't even come up with a new name for the series....anyone remember the late 80's?

http://xhefriguitars.com/Stuff/Fender%20Brochure%201990%20p1.jpg
    Still got mine (and it was the mid 90s, but no matter)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • The only one I like, including the basses, is the Jazzmaster. Still, it depends if those pickups sounds like a true Jazzmaster.