SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD * 2015 Fender Vintage Hot Rod 60's Stratocaster in Olympic White

What's Hot
merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
edited August 2020 in Guitars £
I can't believe I'm doing this. 
I bought this last week and it really is a superb instrument, but something that I'd been hunting for a while turned up and I had to buy it, which makes this amazing Strat and bit surplus to requirements. If the other guitar hadn't shown up and demanded that I buy it, this would be staying...

so it's a 2015 Fender Vintage Hot Rod 60s Stratocaster in Oly white. It's simply superb. I'm going to snaffle the seller's blurb and pics, please let me know if this is out of order. 

The compound radius, narrow jumbo frets, and mid 60’s profile neck make it a joy to play along it's entire length.  
The bone nut, 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage-Style Stamped Steel Saddles and the vintage style locking machine heads ensure that it stays in perfect tune even with Jeff Beck style use of the tremolo, which is currently set up as floating.
The American vintage pick ups combined with the discrete S1 switching mean that every type of vintage and modern style strat sounds are all there and sweet as a nut.

It is an ideal weight – Just over 7.5 pounds, (actually 7lbs12oz) has a gorgeous Olympic white nitrocellulose finish and is in pretty much tip top as new condition.It also comes with case candy as a new one. This is a 2015 made model bought in 2016 from Guitar Village in Farnham. It doesn't come with the original case but in a much funkier case. See pics. 
Originally it came with a tortoiseshell pick-guard but this has been changed for a 3 ply mint green replacement which in my opinion looks much better.

These were available for a short run between 2013 and 2015 I believe and have a solid reputation.

I'm asking what I paid, which is £1350.

If you want to come and pick it up, that's best as I think you'll probably want to play it before purchase, unless you just want it! I'm in Brighton and seriously prefer cash on collection unless you want to arrange your own courier. 

5reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    edited July 2019
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6595
    edited July 2019
    This isn't an AVRI. 

Vintage Hot Rod ‘60S Stratocaster 

Vintage Hot Rod 60s Stratocaster

Fender's Vintage Hot Rod '60s Stratocaster gives you the best Strat tone, style and performance of both eras—authentically vintage-style design touches straight from the 1960s and hot-rodded modern mods ideal for today's players.

Premium features include an alder body; maple neck with mid-'60s "C"-shaped profile, vintage-style heel-end truss rod adjustment, and satin back finish; and a compound-radius (7.25”-12”) rosewood fingerboard with 21 6105 frets, oversize white pearloid dot inlays and a bone nut. Singing tone comes from American Vintage single-coil ’59 Stratocaster (neck), ’65 gray-bottom Stratocaster (middle) and single-coil ’56 Stratocaster (bridge) pickups. In addition to five-way blade pickup switching, an S-1™ switch adds the bridge pickup to pickup switch positions 3, 4 and 5.

Other features include a four-ply brown shell pickguard, three aged white control knobs (master volume, tone 1, tone 2), two-point synchronized tremolo with vintage-style stamped steel saddles, Gotoh® locking tuners and locking strap buttons. Available in Three-color Sunburst and Olympic White gloss finishes. Includes upgraded deluxe vintage-style black case, vintage-style 8’ cable, vintage-style black strap, extra tremolo springs and wrenches.

Here's some fun for someone bump...
    Much needed bump! 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    I hope you have this in a month!
    16 days before a month is up bump! 
    gentle nudge. 
    Buy it. It's a good thing. A very good thing. A very good thing indeed....
    Just let down by a potential buyer. Drat and double drat! Do something Mutley. 
  • +1 for a fantastic guitar. My number 1 workhorse, never let me down! Good luck with the sale
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Getting shades of Johnny Marr from this

Definitely Johnny Marr but definitely NOT Morrisey Minorey type bump. 
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5595
    Wow that’s really nice. If I could shift my Anderson I’d be very interested. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• rze99rze99 Frets: 2261
    Very nice. I already have something Vv similar. 

Is there a guitar Johnny Marr hasn’t played?
    Bump for a great strat! 
    Another BUMP for a superb strat! 
    Manly first bump of 2020!
    Fart and belch type bump.....