Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

How do you consume music?

What's Hot

Comments

• oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 839
    Mostly 5 but I'll buy vinyl at gigs a few times a year.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    With some fava beans and a nice chianti.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Until 2017 CDs but since then streaming 
  • 1 Cd
     2 Vinyl
     3 cassette
    4  YouTube 
    5 torrents
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627

A year ago I would have said mostly CD

Over the last year I've moved more towards downloads, however.............

Yesterday I bought a new car and it won't have a CD player so I expect that it will be 100% downloads from now on.

• vizviz Frets: 10643
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • For bands/albums I really like I buy CD or Vinyl. I like having physical copies. I do still rip every CD to my PC. 

Quite a few bands I'm into are from places that make it harder to get hold of physical copies at recent prices - so I also often buyand download FLAC versions from Bandcamp.

For bands that aren't in my top tier I use streaming. I often use streaming anyway rather than the physical copies I bought - just to give bands I want to support an extra payday. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22515
    edited November 2019

It is pretty much only streaming for me nowadays. 

If I've been listening to something a lot and I feel I owe the band some money, I'll buy the CD but it never actually gets opened. 

I find with some of the stuff I like on small independent labels, the album will have gone out of print very quickly and be unavailable anywhere, even Bandcamp. Then I feel bad that I didn't buy it.

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28280

For bands that aren't in my top tier I use streaming. I often use streaming anyway rather than the physical copies I bought - just to give bands I want to support an extra payday. 
    I'm not sure that payday is the right phrase. I think it's more of a case that you let them buy an occasional 1p sweet!
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4942
    CDs and HDD stored FLAC files ripped from CDs.

Cassette tapes

Radio programs
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    CD ripped to HDD or ipad.

Some downloads from iTunes / Amazon etc.

Some spotify
  • For bands/albums I really like I buy CD or Vinyl. I like having physical copies. I do still rip every CD to my PC. 

Quite a few bands I'm into are from places that make it harder to get hold of physical copies at recent prices - so I also often buyand download FLAC versions from Bandcamp.

Scandinavian bands albums usually command a high price , I usually see if I can get them on eBay 
  • 1,2 and 5
  • HeelHeel Frets: 271
    I consume it aurally via the means of 1 & 5. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I usually discover music via Spotify - the Release Radar, Discover Weekly or track radio features; If I really like an artist and want to support them I'll generally buy the vinyl (because it's a nicer thing to have), but still listen on Spotify because it's more convenient. 
  • Since subscribing to Apple Music for streaming beginning of last year I haven’t bought a single cd or download. I’ll only listen to cd’s occasionally in the car as it doesn’t have bluetooth and the aux function has broken. 
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
    1.  Probably get about 5 albums a year on vinyl 
    5.  Everything else.  Have a family subscription to Spotify that's used every day
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    YouTube.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    CD.

I will occasionally download if something really isn't available on CD.

To date myself even more, I often listen to the radio as well...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• droflufdrofluf Frets: 3611
    Apple Music that I download to listen offline so 4 or 5. Will buy a CD at a gig from time to time.