'Early' J-45's

What's Hot
Anybody have experience of the late 90's models with the 'early' designation?  I'm looking at a '98.  I believe they're very similar to the current J-45 standard aside from the benefits of 21 years use.
'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    I’ve a 2000 (I think) and it is a sweet guitar. ICBM re entry fitted a new bone saddle and I’d previously fitted a bone nut and pins. Not sure that they make a massive difference but it’s certainly a lovely guitar to play and listen to. 
  • camf said:
    I’ve a 2000 (I think) and it is a sweet guitar. ICBM re entry fitted a new bone saddle and I’d previously fitted a bone nut and pins. Not sure that they make a massive difference but it’s certainly a lovely guitar to play and listen to. 
    Thanks.  I was holding out for a TV but these do seem to have a rep for quality.
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I think it’s the same old J45 story. Play it before you buy it. Also, don’t these era 45s have a 1 11/16 nut?
  • Andy79 said:
    I think it’s the same old J45 story. Play it before you buy it. Also, don’t these era 45s have a 1 11/16 nut?
    I believe they did.  I'll be going for a strum before any cash changes hands.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Andy79 said:
    So look out for one of these rather than a newer one then!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    If you want a narrower nut then yes I guess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom