Getting out the bedroom.

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
edited November 2019 in Live
I'm sat in Costa Coffee looking out at the rain. Grim . Anyway, hopefully I can get these links to work on my mobile. Both on my YouTube feed in the last few days dealing with a) getting out and playing with other people and b) getting band ready. Plus Pete Thorn is an endlessly cool guy I'd watch him talk about poisoning kittens. 

I guess as general watching if you like this kind of stuff but occasionally people on here do post about wanting to take first steps in bands or jamming and plenty of useful tips. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

• Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    I'm sat in Costa Coffee looking out at the rain. Grim . Anyway, hopefully I can get these links to work on my mobile. Both on my YouTube feed in the last few dealing with a) getting out and playing with other people and b) getting band ready. Plus Pete Thorn is an endlessly cool guy I'd watch him talk about poisoning kittens. 

I guess as general watching if you like this kind of stuff but occasionally people on here do post about wanting to take first steps in bands or jamming and plenty of useful tips. 

Currently looking around for people to jam with. It's an exiting thought, but at the same time terrifying! Thanks for the tips. A good watch.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    edited November 2019
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    My first experiences playing with a "band" and then live in front of an audience of strangers was at Rock Project. http://www.therockproject.com (there are other setups with different names).

You don't need to know as much as in Adrian's video posted above. They'll teach you enough to get through your first song.

I've since outgrown it, but it was an important step.

As for "when am I ready?". You'll never be ready. It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8590
    pmbomb said:

As for "when am I ready?". You'll never be ready. It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.
    I liked this so much I thought I’d repeat it.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    pmbomb said:
    This sounds like my brother’s endless procrastination. Decades of avoiding playing in bands or home recording!
    Be seeing you.