Voting For Composition Challenge 27

This is the combined Voting and Discussion thread.
Thanks to all that entered the competition.
Please use this thread to cast your votes for your favourite entries to Fretboard Composition Challenge

VOTING AND DATES
Voting System - voters can pick their top 3 favourite entries.
First choice gets 5 points - Second choice gets 3 points - Third choice gets 1 point
Entry with the most points wins.

Simply post in this thread your top three choices for winner in order, 1st choice first etc etc.
(Note for Entrants of the competition: Self Voting is NOT Allowed)

Voting ends midnight 22nd November 2019, and the top three will be announced shortly after.

REMINDER OF GUIDELINES
The idea for this theme comes from @Fretwired in his post on July 25 at the link below:
https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/160505/voting-for-composition-challenge-26#latest

The theme for this one is: "A track with only guitar on it - you can use multiple guitars (bass, electric and acoustic) but no drums or keyboards or brass. So it could be an acoustic guitar piece or a multi-guitar piece - you could create a rhythm by banging your guitar. You can use as many guitar effects as you like but no guitar synths".

PLAYLIST
Below is the playlist of entries:
Each entrant has also provided a picture, which becomes a bit bigger if you click on the individual track in the Soundcloud playlist.

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/composition-challenge-27

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited November 2019
    My track was created using only my Fender Squier Vintage Modified PJ Bass plus a few effects.

It's not a competition.
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 581
    edited November 2019
    Interesting tracks these, really difficult task (surprisingly so).
    In a way it's nice there are only three tracks, everyone gets points!  Because I like them all so would've been hard to ignore any one. This is heavily persuaded by personal tastes too I'm afraid .. I'm going through a bit of a phase … so ...

5 points : @stratman3142 - just loved the purity of it.
    3 points : @Fretwired - ambience is really my jam at the moment and those pad sounds are lovely.  Be curious to find out how you did them!
    1 point : @poopot - man its great, your tracks are always great!  Just pipped because I'm a slag for ambient right now.

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    5pts @stratman3142 - made a bass sound musical!!!!!

3pts @Fretwired - really like that...

for infos sake... my “drums” were done by smacking the muted strings on my bass and dropping an octave for the kick... smacking the strings and eq for the snare and the “hi hats” were just rakes across the strings of the tele...

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    5pts to @stratman3142 - love the different use of a bass and the delays

3pts to @poopot - loved the way you hit the brief and were creative creating 'guitar drums'

@Bezzer - when it's light tomorrow I'll take a pic of my setup and walk you through how I got the pads - most of it was played live via a looper.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • 5 points: @Fretwired. Orchestral ambience. Lush sounds. I'd be interested in how this was created.

3 points: @Poopot. Funky. Inventive way of generating the drums that fitted well with the guidelines.

It's not a competition.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    5 points: @Fretwired. Orchestral ambience. Lush sounds. I'd be interested in how this was created.

3 points: @Poopot. Funky. Inventive way of generating the drums that fitted well with the guidelines.

Thanks for the points - I'll show you how the 'pads' were created. Relatively easy.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited November 2019
    There's some more info on how the tracks were created in the original chat thread at the link below.

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/161419/composition-challenge-27-chat/p1

It's not a competition.
  • Voting closes tomorrow at midnight.
    It's not a competition.
  • Voting closed.
    It's not a competition.