The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2723
    Chris Silverwood confirmed as coach. 

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? I dont know much about him apart from what's on Wiki, took Essex to County Championship win and then became England fast bowling coach.
    I think it's a good move.

He's been a successful coach with Essex in county cricket, taking over the team when by all accounts they were a bit of rabble.

He's been England's fast bowling coach so has some inside knowledge of the system.

It's interesting that it's often the players who had either modest international careers, or who had to work very hard to make it in international cricket do well as coaches, and Silverwood would fit this description.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    Just made the mistake of watching a few minutes of The Hundred draft live on Sky. It's like an episode of a cheap daytime TV quiz show. Turned it off. Even The Hundred logo and artwork look like something off Robot Wars. Dreadful.

• Just made the mistake of watching a few minutes of The Hundred draft live on Sky. It's like an episode of a cheap daytime TV quiz show. Turned it off. Even The Hundred logo and artwork look like something off Robot Wars. Dreadful.

From the 10 yard net press session with Root and Archer the other day to the kits to the logo to the Excel spreadsheet being updated as the squads formed to the draft today to the guff on the website... 

Shudder. 

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    As this is the cricket thread, shouldn't comments on The Hundred be split out to a Someone shoot the idiotic marketing people thread.  Calling it cricket is an insult to cricket.

To get back on topic, England have their first tour match in NZ in 6 days time.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    I'm so excited at the thought of the Hundred.

No, really.

Bear in mind that I drink decaffeinated tea and coffee and alcohol-free beer, so it fits in perfectly to my "it's not quite like the real thing and is fairly vile but it's the closest i can get"  lifestyle.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Welcome back test cricket. 
    Good to have proper cricket back.  Been listening on TMS.  Decent start for England.  Off to bed now.
  • Just reading about it now, not able to connect live due to work, bring on Boxing day when I can reconnect live!

Looks a good position for day 1 from the boys, some good knocks.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Steady start - Did not seeing any live action last night - So will watch a hi-light show later
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    Anyone managed to stay awake for this test? I seem to get through the first session then doze off.
    I really like the line up. Sibley looked quality in his first innings. Pope looked good too. 
    Got Sky Sports on now then off to bed later with TMS. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    tFB Trader
    Anyone managed to stay awake for this test? I seem to get through the first session then doze off.
    I really like the line up. Sibley looked quality in his first innings. Pope looked good too. 
    I've stayed up many times for the Ashes and lived of a few hours sleep before it starts - But not for the NZ matches - I tend to go with the Sky hi light show sometime during the day

Looked likes a long slow day in the field on the 3rd day
  • sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I've stayed up many times for the Ashes and lived of a few hours sleep before it starts - But not for the NZ matches - I tend to go with the Sky hi light show sometime during the day

Looked likes a long slow day in the field on the 3rd day
    I fell asleep halfway through the second session. Just as well having seen the score. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    tFB Trader
    Well that was somewhat of a bad day in the office

Only seen the hi-lights but little to be excited about- All mundane
  • Thumped.

So this re-birth under Chris Silverwood which sees us not tryng to tonk every ball into the stands... it seems that we're still a bit short when it comes to batting out time and not giving wickets away.

I know what will help!

Another limited overs format, only this time, make it even shorter!

Genius.
  • scrumhalf said:
    So this re-birth under Chris Silverwood which sees us not tryng to tonk every ball into the stands... it seems that we're still a bit short when it comes to batting out time and not giving wickets away.

I know what will help!

Another limited overs format, only this time, make it even shorter!

Genius.

It's easy to tell people to be patient and watchful. When so much cricket is about hitting now, it doesn't sink in. You can look at Sibley playing at a wide one and Pope's bizarre shot as the worst of the actual shots (Buttler didn't actually play a shot). 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GN-zWjvwy0

• Shit, I wonder why our players can't bat for a long time in good conditions. 

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onesport/cps/624/cpsprodpb/C359/production/_109890005_hundred.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Not taking Foakes on tour is looking like a truly awful decision.
    Not taking Foakes on tour is looking like a truly awful decision.
    Between that, and the Hundred, the people who run English cricket seem terminally stupid.