Jonathan Miller

What's Hot
Actor, writer, director.
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ahh.
    Haven't heard anything about him for a long time. Old bloke I suppose. 
    One of those people who popped up on TV when there was serious discussions to be had about art and the meaning of life. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RIP - a great mind, if ever there was one....
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12346
    I saw one of his opera productions, Marriage of Figaro. It was set in the 40s and the main characters were GIs and mafiosa.  I can’t stand opera normally but this worked really well. Very clever guy, although the BBC called him rude and pretentious on the news, so not easy to like presumably. 
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1368
    edited November 2019
    I'm sad to learn of his death. I know he could be a bit odd with people, but, back in the mid '70's, I knew him a little as he did the same Silkscreen Evening Class as me. He and I shared a table, and he was amazingly creative. He produced an excellent print at his first attempt having never done any Silkscreen printing before.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    He was a good friend of my uncle, who was a psychiatrist. I met him a couple of times at my cousins' house. Nice man.

He also directed a friend of mine in a show at the Old Vic. 
  • I photographed the residents of Arlington House men’s hostel a while back, and remember him being very supportive of the men and their issues. A great British creative.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    BBC4 will be rebroadcasting an old Arena documentary about Miller this evening. It will probably be available via iPlayer for the usual four weeks.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.