New old Yamaha day

I’m a huge fan and have more than my fair share of FG Yamaha guitars so I was pretty excited to be getting hold of an old L6
I was double chuffed to find it has a 1 3/4 V neck. Dream specs 
these and other Yams like it are hugely undervalued and simply stunning. Spruce, Rosewood and ebony. Classic 

Tight snappy base, more like a D28 than a FG300 for example, which can be boomy. Very very sweet tone. 
Built by those careful skilled guys in Nippon Gakki around 1980. Fit and finish is exemplary. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    Lovely! My day has an old 70s Yamaha that just keeps on going and having grown up listening to it it is very much my acoustic reference tone. Sadly a lot of them need neck resets these days. Do you mind me asking how much you picked that up for?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    I haven’t seen an FG that doesn’t or has recently had a neck set but this L has in un-moved neck and perfect top. It cost me £230 which didn’t upset me at all 
  • Nice. I have a 1980 FG345 which has such great tone. The action is pretty massive though, think it may need a neck reset. Always been on my mind whether I should have it done. 
  • Very nice. I've always thought you can't go wrong with a Yammie, really underrated for the money.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • Is there anything going on with those central strips on the top, or just a trick of the grain/light?
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Light/camera effect. Doesn’t look like that in the flesh 
  • Really nice that, @Andy79. They really are very good guitars from back then and fabulous value for money if you can find one that hasn't been battered and abused.  That one looks great !