SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Given away - Fender Deluxe 112 plus solid state amp

What's Hot
thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
edited December 2019 in Amps £
Hi all

I bought this amp off ebay a short time ago with the intention of putting a speaker in it and using it as a no-nonsense amp for getting back into Open Mic nights etc. It requires a new speaker fitting, as the current one has blown. When I asked for suggestions as to which speaker, Sir ICBM of this parish suggested the 100w 4ohm requirement may be to blame and that a higher resistance speaker such as an 8ohm one would work better.

Unfortunately I've no way of shopping for a speaker and the ones my IR usage suggests I might like are way out of reach pricewise for such a low value amp. Also, When trying it out I've noticed the power supply lead requires some attention as moving the cable seems to affect the power - again Sir ICBM has suggested this should be a relatively easy fix but I've not got the means to do it. Lastly, in the list of cons, it's a heavy son of a gun therefore it flies in the face of me wanting an easy to pack open mic amp. I'll be looking for another solution.

As such, I thought I might as well offer it up here for anybody who might want it. It's in decent condition although one or two of the feet are a bit rusty. Also one of the input jacks is missing a metal bit.

I paid £45 for it but in light of the power supply issue and the fact I can only offer collection or meet up around Birmingham for it, I will offer it up at £30 to anybody that wants it.

Or I could consider trading for a cheap pedal if you fancy that, fuzz or drive, maybe a trem, cheap wah, or an American sound maybe? Or a 1u or 2u rack case. I dunno, try me

Generic photos from ebay for now as it's packed up under my desk at home but I'll get my own photos at the first opportunity.

It lives with me in Bournville, Birmingham

Thank you very much

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    This is actually pretty interesting.

I've liked the idea of trying to fix an amp up myself, and this seems to be a pretty awesome way of doing so, even if I'd have to put it on the backburner for a while.

I can't travel, sadly, but could you get this up to Walsall if I were to kick in some money for petrol? Failing that, I do have some family in Brum who could get it up to me at some point if that's better for you.

I'll drop you a PM!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I used to gig one of these for a couple of years, fantastic little things! If I were closer to Brum I’d have it off you for nostalgia’s sake alone, if nothing else!
  • Mr Tenebrous has first dibs whilst we sort out the logistics.

Sounded decent through the FX loop send into my GSP1101 modeller, through Fendery Cab IRs etc but yes, it's heavy, will cost me more than I'm willing to spend on it to get the speaker in and the power cord sorted, so I may as well shift it on.
  • Bumpy
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Pity it’s not a bit nearer.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• The amp is predominantly black, it's Friday. Seemed an appropriate time to bump this.

Still looking for a size appropriate and use case appropriate amplification solution myself
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9687
    edited December 2019
    Sod it, if you can collect it you can have it for free

Update - given away now via Facebook
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom