'If tomorrow never comes' intro

RockerRocker Frets: 4978
Straight up, I don't like the feel or sensation of fingers plucking steel electric or acoustic guitar strings. Playing bass is not a problem as it is a different instrument anyway.

The intro to 'If tomorrow never comes' by Garth Brooks is played on acoustic and is finger plucked.  I would like to be able to play a reasonably close version on electric guitar using a plectrum.  Could someone more skilled than myself please tab the opening four of five seconds of this song.  Apart from the intro it seems to be mainly strummed chords, I can manage these OK.  At a pinch I could overcome my aversion to skin on guitar strings and learn the intro finger style.  But I prefer plectrum.....

Thanks ever so much.
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8686
    The first two videos which Google throws up show the first verse being played with a pick. Don’t have time to TAB it out. The song is the usual three chord trick in G. I expect that the motif that you’re looking for is where the chord is played with fingers 2, 3, and 4, and the first finger occasionally frets the 2nd string at the first fret. You can probably work out the rest by listening and watching YouTube at 75% playback speed.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4978
    Thanks @Roland, I found one of the videos you alluded to.  That will do the job nicely.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum