Incoming NAD - Jet City with Friedman mods

cm01cm01 Frets: 451
Spotted a JCA22 with Friedman mods for a good price so took a punt on it - should arrive the middle of next week ... the guy reckons it sounds epic... never played through one or heard on in the first before so fingers crossed!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• What do the mods do?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31532
    What do the mods do?
    I was just about to ask the same thing, having modded quite a few JC amps in the past.
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 451
    edited December 2019
    This is what the ad said... 

the Friedman mod is basically a bit more gain with a bit more articulation on both channels. Ch1 will do cleans easily but it’ll also get you into angry ‘Angus Young’ territory. Ch2 just takes over from there. 

Plenty of bottom end, plenty of head room for a small amp it seriously packs a punch. The SAT switch just takes it to another level yet again if you want more gain/saturation. If you don’t want that, just flick the SAT switch to off and it stays normal..   
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    edited December 2019
    Ooooo, nice catch. I'll be watching this one with interest.

Shame you're on the other side of the planet, 'cos I'd like to try one of these out :)
    <space for hire>
  • cm01cm01 Frets: 451
    Ooooo, nice catch. I'll be watching this one with interest.

Shame you're on the other side of the planet, 'cos I'd like to try one of these out :)
    It would be a bit of a trek! 

I haven’t bought an amp for years, been completely happy with my Reverend Hellhound which is an amazing thing, but this popped up on  Gumtree for a decent price so I thought it was worth a go. 

I’ve got some really good EL84’s to put in it as well which should help.  I’ll try to record some clips or a video when I get a chance, really looking forward to giving it a blast now.