Tubescreamer with 3 band EQ?

fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23942
Anyone got any recommendations for TS style pedal with a 3 band eq?
I’ve seen a few vids of the Seymour Duncan 805 but not many great reviews.

What’s good?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• have a look at the Wampler Clarksdale or Way Huge Green Rhino MKiv ( doesnt have traditional tone stack - bass mid etc - but still very effective with control over 100hz n 500hz bands + a tone control )  ... I have the MKii and its low n mid control iis excellent ...
  • BB Preamp MB? Discontinued fairly recently so may be available on clearance in some places. Bit more gain than Analogman/Keeley modded TSes I’ve tried but you can pretty much duplicate the sounds. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Wampler Clarksdale is pretty much what you are asking for.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71959
    Ibanez MT-10 Mostortion

Despite the name it's actually basically a TS circuit with a 3-band tone stack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    ICBM said:
    Ibanez MT-10 Mostortion

Despite the name it's actually basically a TS circuit with a 3-band tone stack.
    have you seen the mental reverb prices though??
    bbill335 said:

No, but I possibly should have expected it!

Ah well. Another one I shouldn't have sold, along with the Super Metal, the ST-9, the original Sonic Distortion, the Fat Cat... can't even remember how much I got for it, probably about £40. The only one I got any real money for was the ST-9, and even then they go for more now.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• Bad Monkey? Only 2 band eq, but I find the bass pot useful for fattening the whole thing up. Cheap too. 
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • eogeog Frets: 40
    While I was looking for the Mostortion schematic I came across this...

https://equipboard.com/items/mouselectronics-greenwitch-overdrive-pedal

Never seen one personally, but from the description it's probably perfect.

• ICBM said:
    bbill335 said:

No, but I possibly should have expected it!

Ah well. Another one I shouldn't have sold, along with the Super Metal, the ST-9, the original Sonic Distortion, the Fat Cat... can't even remember how much I got for it, probably about £40. The only one I got any real money for was the ST-9, and even then they go for more now.
    At least you got money for your ST-9. I gave mine away to a mate (along with all the rest of my kit) at the tail end of the 80's when I severely damaged my hand and thought I would never play again.
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Bad Monkey or Green Rhino will do you just fine. As stated earlier BM has only High / Low controls but it instantly adds mid range when you switch it on anyway, so add more low end or high end sparkle to taste. The Green Rhino is probably my favourite TS-like pedal on the market (I have a BM as it's nearly just as good and a lot cheaper).
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11496
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    While I was looking for the Mostortion schematic I came across this...

https://equipboard.com/items/mouselectronics-greenwitch-overdrive-pedal

Never seen one personally, but from the description it's probably perfect.
    And it lets you tweak stuff too like swapping the chip etc 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!