Pickguard Suggestions

What's Hot
thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
Any suggestions for a pickguard colour for a honey blonde P-Bass with a pau ferro fingerboard?

The stock anodized gold looks nice but the feel of it when my fingernail touches it freaks me out so it's not an option.

It will look something like this:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tortoise shell
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    Specifically, four-ply BROWN tort. (Red tort will be too loud, man. Black/white/black would work. White would look insipid. Bronze MOTO would lend the bass a sepia look.)

Somebody on this board will probably buy the gold anodised 'guard for a project.
    Be seeing you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    White. Classic, simple, perfect.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Black. Classic, simple, perfect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Thanks guys. Tort was my first thought but when I photo shopped it it didn't look so good.

Already have black and white scratch plates for it so can try them out in person. Thinking white might be in the lead.

Anyone know of a colour of scratch plate that's close to the body colour? That might be nice.

Probably a good shout on selling the gold one. Was initially keeping it to allow selling the bass as original but I doubt I'll ever sell it now and I've had luminlays implanted in the neck and sanded the back of the neck. I wonder how much it'll go for.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71956
    thegummy said:

Anyone know of a colour of scratch plate that's close to the body colour? That might be nice.
    Probably ‘parchment’, although it’s not that close. I nearly suggested that.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    I think I'm sold on white.

Here's my very amateur photoshop mockup:

Though if anyone has a suggestion that hasn't been mentioned I'd still appreciate any other options.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4943
    White looks perfect.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Black or tort for me.

The Swamp City Shakers
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23927
    Black.