New Eastman acoustic guitar coming my way early next week.

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
    edited December 2019
    markj said:
    I've settled on a set of John Pearse 12's in Phosphor bronze, absolutely superb strings. Can highly recommend. 
    Thanks for that, I still have the D'Addario's Phosphor Bronze .012 on it, and I am warming up to them, and to the guitar with them. More practice needed, I fear. I am more inclined to think that 12s are still the best string gauge for the guitar, but I am holding final judgement still.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    Amigo said:
    markj said:
    I've settled on a set of John Pearse 12's in Phosphor bronze, absolutely superb strings. Can highly recommend. 
    Thanks for that, I still have the D'Addario's Phosphor Bronze .012 on it, and I am warming up to them, and to the guitar with them. More practice needed, I fear. I am more inclined to think that 12s are still the best string gauge for the guitar, but I am holding final judgement still.
    Tried a set of 13’s they weren’t right for the guitar and my fingers!
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 615
    I'm continually astounded by the specs and quality of guitar that Eastman put out for the price point. I've yet to try a bad one, although one of their lower end mandolins I tried a few years ago needed some work. A solid wood guitar with an adirondack top and good quality pickup for under £1k - amazing!

Enjoy!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
    edited December 2019
    markj said:
    Amigo said:
    markj said:
    Tried a set of 13’s they weren’t right for the guitar and my fingers!
    That settles it then After playing the guitar a bit for a bit longer I am content with the 12s, I do not think that going 11s will improve the sound.
    Epsilon said:
    I'm continually astounded by the specs and quality of guitar that Eastman put out for the price point. I've yet to try a bad one, although one of their lower end mandolins I tried a few years ago needed some work. A solid wood guitar with an adirondack top and good quality pickup for under £1k - amazing!

Enjoy!
    It is indeed a very good guitar. I am astonished at the range it has, form very soft finger strumming to fingerpicking and vigorous strumming it can take a variety of personas with ease. And I must mention the string separation, which, on the downside, highlights poor technique...

I also hooked the guitar up to a normal amp, and also to a PC audio device and the sound I got was excellent. It has the same Fishman Sonitone that my old guitar had, but the difference in sound is night and day. I don't know what Eastman do to their guitars, but they certainly know a thing or two about them.