Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Kemp Guitars *2017-2018* Build Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• xKempGuitarsxKempGuitars Frets: 183
    edited December 2019
    Very nice <removed - see below>, love the blue - do I spy a drop top?

How do you like the BKP Ragnarok's?

Ross

ADMIN EDIT: First name removed due to GDPR request.

Thanks Ross ☺ 

I like what I heard. Unfortunately, being a lefty build and I'm right-handed, I didn't get a chance to really play them properly. Interested to try them out properly as I like the Juggernauts and these have a bit of them in them. 

Kemp Guitars - Custom Made Guitars for the Modern Rock & Metal Guitarist
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xKempGuitarsxKempGuitars Frets: 183
    edited February 2019

February 2019 - Been updating broken (image) links on my old threads as they were looking bare and miserable.

Just finished updating these: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/90556/kemp-guitars-2016-build-thread/p1 and http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/107764/kemp-guitars-2017-2018-build-thread/p1

And now I'm in the process of updating my latest thread which picks up from where this one left off - I'll post when done 

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998

All that Flame Maple ^

Has now become this, Kemp's latest creation...

Full spec: Custom 6-string SS leftie, Black Limba body with Flame Maple top, 5-pce Wenge/Ash neck, Ziricote fretboard, Gotoh fixed bridge, Gotoh 381 Magnum Lock tuners, Bare Knuckle Pickups "Ragnarok" covered set and matte trans Blue/natural Poly finish 

Mate, I think I’ve just bought the neck off of this guitar from eBay to use along with those KMI & II body templates I got from you to build a lefty guitar for my daughter ! 
  • DrBob said:

All that Flame Maple ^

Has now become this, Kemp's latest creation...

Full spec: Custom 6-string SS leftie, Black Limba body with Flame Maple top, 5-pce Wenge/Ash neck, Ziricote fretboard, Gotoh fixed bridge, Gotoh 381 Magnum Lock tuners, Bare Knuckle Pickups "Ragnarok" covered set and matte trans Blue/natural Poly finish 

Mate, I think I’ve just bought the neck off of this guitar from eBay to use along with those KMI & II body templates I got from you to build a lefty guitar for my daughter ! 

Hey, sir =) You might well have done, yes. I sold it a few months ago (after making a Wenge/Bocote replacement to order for  the original owner of that guitar) and it's just been relisted by that buyer (he is right-handed).
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    The one I have has the same grain as the neck
    in the pics, how exciting ! 
  • DrBob said:
    The one I have has the same grain as the neck
    in the pics, how exciting ! 

Yep, that one in the pics is the exact one you would've bought. Have fun building =)
  • Kemps gone? I wanted to ask about one of his guitars I own 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    MadOne said:
    Kemps gone? I wanted to ask about one of his guitars I own 
    Have a look here for an explanation why:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/7269/admin-mod-interventions/p10

(About 1/3rd of the way down the page.)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

I can't see Kemp mentioned but reading the above text explains it. Thanks. Oh well
    edited December 2019
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

I can't see Kemp mentioned but reading the above text explains it. Thanks. Oh well

It says:

"@KempGuitars banned, permanently, for threatening to "get your fucking forum shut down!".

Nice guy."

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

"@KempGuitars banned, permanently, for threatening to "get your fucking forum shut down!".

Nice guy."

Yikes! Although reading through that thread, does look like some punishments are a little harsh. Shame
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

Yikes! Although reading through that thread, does look like some punishments are a little harsh. Shame
    You’re referring to the mid intervention thread?
  • MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

The one octatonic linked to, yeah. Anyone know the reason for the legal action or will I be banned for asking?
    edited December 2019
    MadOne said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

The one octatonic linked to, yeah. Anyone know the reason for the legal action or will I be banned for asking?
    No one here bans people for asking genuine questions.
    A few things get a ban here- sock accounts, sustained abuse and threatening to shut the forum down through a legal process spring to mind.
    For instance, if Mr Kemp tried rejoining the forum using a new account under a pseudonym then that would lead to being banned.

This is the thread that lead to Kemp's banning:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/2210398

• MadOne said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

Kemp Guitars got caught out breaking eBay's terms and conditions to the detriment of the buyer who was also a member here, didn't like being called on it, and threatened legal action to force us to delete the thread about it. I declined, gave them a chance to walk it back (which I never give anyone once a threat like that has been made, but I happen to like their work so I figured it was worth a shot at de-escalation), and they decided to double down with the threats.

It's a shame, but you really can't help some people.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    MadOne said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

Well, with that thread in mind... one would need quite some time to delve into each and every ban and the lead up to each one individually. You must be bored ;)

You won’t be banned for asking... looks like it’s been explained above :)
  • MadOne said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

Well, with that thread in mind... one would need quite some time to delve into each and every ban and the lead up to each one individually. You must be bored ;)

You won’t be banned for asking... looks like it’s been explained above :)

MadOne said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:

It says:

Nice guy."

Well, with that thread in mind... one would need quite some time to delve into each and every ban and the lead up to each one individually. You must be bored

You won’t be banned for asking... looks like it’s been explained above
    Oh definitely, shame he's no longer here as I love his work. Still following on Instagram though but I would've liked the interaction on here
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    @MadOne yes it is a shame. His work is superb which makes the banning all the more sad. I suppose the underlying issue is that he undervalued the guitar in question and in the world of eBay you play the hand you’ve been dealt. Go against those rules and the internet becomes a small place. And I know all too well, as small business owner, we’re all just one step away from causing ourselves a myriad of problems.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MadOneMadOne Frets: 7
    edited December 2019
    To be honest it sounds like a bunch of ***** running a playground forum and sticking their noses in something that doesn't concern them. I know Matt works his arse off and, honestly, who wouldn't have done the same? I said "honestly". Christ
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26450
    edited December 2019
    MadOne said:
    To be honest it sounds like a bunch of ***** running a playground forum and sticking their noses in something that doesn't concern them. I know Matt works his arse off and, honestly, who wouldn't have done the same? I said "honestly". Christ
    Well, that phrasing looks awfully familiar. You must spend a lot of time talking to him.

EDIT: Also...most of the businesses on here have come in for criticism at one point or another, and - as evidenced by the fact that they're still here - none of them reacted with legal threats to try to silence that criticism. That should answer your question. And...if you feel that way about the forum, there are plenty of other places on the Internet to hang out. Feel free to be there instead of here ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom