Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Kemp Guitars *2017-2018* Build Thread

What's Hot
15678911»

Comments

• MadOneMadOne Frets: 7
    edited December 2019
    MadOne said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    octatonic said:
    MadOne said:
    Kemps gone? I wanted to ask about one of his guitars I own 
    Have a look here for an explanaotion why:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/7269/admin-mod-interventions/p10

(About 1/3rd of the way down the page.)
    I can't see Kemp mentioned but reading the above text explains it. Thanks. Oh well

It says:

"@KempGuitars banned, permanently, for threatening to "get your fucking forum shut down!".

Nice guy."

Yikes! Although reading through that thread, does look like some punishments are a little harsh. Shame
    You’re referring to the mid intervention thread?

The one octatonic linked to, yeah. Anyone know the reason for the legal action or will I be banned for asking?
    Kemp Guitars got caught out breaking eBay's terms and conditions to the detriment of the buyer who was also a member here, didn't like being called on it, and threatened legal action to force us to delete the thread about it. I declined, gave them a chance to walk it back (which I never give anyone once a threat like that has been made, but I happen to like their work so I figured it was worth a shot at de-escalation), and they decided to double down with the threats.

It's a shame, but you really can't help shome people.
    . . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited December 2019
    MadOne said:
    To be honest it sounds like a bunch of ***** running a playground forum and sticking their noses in something that doesn't concern them. I know Matt works his arse off and, honestly, who wouldn't have done the same? I said "honestly". Christ
    Well, that phrasing looks awfully familiar. You must spend a lot of time talking to him.

EDIT: Also...most of the businesses on here have come in for criticism at one point or another, and - as evidenced by the fact that they're still here - none of them reacted with legal threats to try to silence that criticism. That should answer your question. And...if you feel that way about the forum, there are plenty of other places on the Internet to hang out. Feel free to be there instead of here
    I was just saying. I mean, I can understand the issue if it had happened within the for sale threads on here, but it happened outside of thefretboard.
    Sorry,not looking to start an altercation of my own. I own a kemp guitar and I wanted to talk to Matt about it and also be part of thefretboard community  

PS sorry for random posts, this forum is going berserk on my smartphone
    edited December 2019
    Sorry, this thing is going nuts,wasn't meant to post new reply 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    @MadOne it may have originated outside the forum but a legal threat against the forum was made because a thread was started about it. The funny thing is, had it been left alone to die out then no one would have been talking about it a week after it happened. 

The forum wasn’t to blame. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Like tFB holds the right to say who can and can't threat legal action against any particular individual or organisation. Haha. Fuck off! 
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    MadOne said:
    Like tFB holds the right to say who can and can't threat legal action against any particular individual or organisation. Haha. Fuck off! 
    If someone makes a direct legal threat to the owner of the forum then why would the forum want that person hanging around?

Threatening legal action against a forum is pretty extreme. 

Given the case involved it would have actually been cheaper and easier to sell the guitar at a loss as per the eBay rules than start legal proceedings against a forum which really had nothing to do with the problem in the first place. 

Would legal action have been threatened against Facebook had the customer put a post up there? I think not.
  • MadOne said:
    Like tFB holds the right to say who can and can't threat legal action against any particular individual or organisation. Haha. Fuck off! 
    Ah, Mr Kemp. Just as I thought, you'd eventually give yourself away because you can't help yourself.

And...as I've told you many, many times - you're welcome to threaten legal action as much as you want. You just don't get to do it here and continue using our freely-provided services.
    <space for hire>
  • MadOne said:
    If someone makes a direct legal threat to the owner of the forum then why would the forum want that person hanging around?

Threatening legal action against a forum is pretty extreme. 

Given the case involved it would have actually been cheaper and easier to sell the guitar at a loss as per the eBay rules than start legal proceedings against a forum which really had nothing to do with the problem in the first place. 

Would legal action have been threatened against Facebook had the customer put a post up there? I think not.
    I know, but imagine telling the old bill to sod off and never come if they came to your house or establishment on reasonable grounds; "Sorry officer, you're not welcome here" 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    ¡octatonic said:

For instance, if Mr Kemp tried rejoining the forum using a new account under a pseudonym then that would lead to being banned.

Love it when I am right. :)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2418
    It's strange, most members here had probably long forgotten this thread. It was just buried in the archives. Whereas the experience has clearly been eating away at Mr Kemp all those months. Rejoining with a rather odd choice of user name to continue the argument says a lot about the man. There was only one possible outcome.
  • MadOne said:
    He's like the kid who's parents said don't look at the sun, so he looked at the sun and burnt his eyes.  

Then when he recovered he did it again...

He'll probably be back as well.... 

(made decent looking guitars though)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Searching for "Matt Kemp Guitars" on eBay yields very few results (all pre-owned examples). I know not his eBay seller ID. Otherwise, I could have searched for it.

Perhaps, our hero is banned from eBay? If so, he must be running out of Interweb outlets. Hence, anger.
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • No, he's not banned from eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/kemp-guitars
    <space for hire>
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    @digitalscream  Thank you for clarifying that.

I see that, on sub page 7, the self-styled MadOne has replaced hosted images of guitars with a personal statement. Strangely, the statement claiming that MadOne is not a sock puppet account for Kemp Guitars is signed Kemp Guitars.

Confused? You soon will be.

Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    LOL.
    What a douche.

Oh and WTF is the nonsense about me being a moderator?
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26451
    edited December 2019
    octatonic said:
    LOL.
    What a douche.

Oh and WTF is the nonsense about me being a moderator?
    Yeah, I've corrected him on that a couple of times, but it didn't seem to stick any more than anything else I said to him.

So childish, but....whatever. He could've continued getting a load of free advertising based on the images he's posted here - which are (were?) admittedly of gorgeous guitars, but now....well, I'll leave it to the reader to decide how it looks.

This is what happens when people believe that "being right" is more important than "being sensible".
    <space for hire>