Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Spotify. Join the Dark Side?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Have been a spotify user since its inception.Now have a family account and its great value for money. I did try Deezer for a few months as ut was compatible with Fitbit and  had a free trial . There wasnt much difference in the quantity or quality of music available but couldn't get on with the interface. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I went for a Spotify Premium account after having 3 months free. I love it. Music is everything to me so it's just another way to listen and find rare/old stuff that I haven't heard for ages, plus new releases are so much easier with Spotify.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    I tried them all including Apple's iTunes streaming service. I have the full Spotify account. It's great. I can download tracks to my phone, create playlists and the whole family can use the account.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Yep, I had 12 months free with my phone contract and haven't looked back. I've now started to listen to albums I own and have on my 'music' section of my Iphone though it. As others have said, its great for discovering new material. If I listen to an album enough however, I still make the effort to buy it physically too, but this is becoming rarer. I only bought 3 cds last year, whilst that number would normally be 15+.
  • My deezer subscription expired yesterday so should I renew with spotify? If so is it worth the fiver extra to get a separate account for home so that I dont get the algorithm constantly suggesting "baby shark" or "googly eyes"?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4136
    edited December 2019
    My deezer subscription expired yesterday so should I renew with spotify? If so is it worth the fiver extra to get a separate account for home so that I dont get the algorithm constantly suggesting "baby shark" or "googly eyes"?
    I have no opinion on Spotify vs Deezer, but I'd say it's definitely worth the extra fiver; that would drive me nuts
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    My deezer subscription expired yesterday so should I renew with spotify? If so is it worth the fiver extra to get a separate account for home so that I dont get the algorithm constantly suggesting "baby shark" or "googly eyes"?
    I have no opinion on Spotify vs Deezer, but I'd say it's definitely worth the extra fiver; that would drive me nuts
    I would gladly pay £5/month too not hear those songs
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2272
    I have the free version of Spotify, but ONLY so that I can learn material from a singer-songwriter with whom I sometimes work, whose albums are on that platform.

Spotify isn’t the way I ‘consume’ music - I like to buy a CD of something I think I’ll enjoy, then invest time in getting to know and enjoy it. Very occasionally I just don’t achieve this, and off goes the CD to the charity shop.
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    I still rip CDs to my computer then transfer them to my phone. 

My 16 year old lad calls me a fossil because I don't have Spotify, maybe I should considering the price.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3852
    Spotify has a great new addition in that now you can unlike bands. It'd work nicely on that. I had great pleasure in banning Coldplay from my life.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • To be clear the kids actually listen to that stuff by choice (along with Opeth)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Deadman said:
    Spotify has a great new addition in that now you can unlike bands. It'd work nicely on that. I had great pleasure in banning Coldplay from my life.
    Cool! Goodbye Beyoncé, Lily Allen, Spice Girls, Madonna, Westlife, Drake, Val Doonican, and every World Cup and FA Cup football song. I think of many other artists that should never trouble my ears, but that’s a good start.