Staggered or Flat Single Coils

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8701
    thegummy said:

Don't know if anyone's ever done this but for soloing you could even learn to make conscious decisions about which strings you play notes on ...
    Lots of people
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    ICBM said:
    The vintage high G stagger is easily the worst, both for string balance and for catching and breaking your pick or fingernails - I have no idea why anyone would want it on any guitar now
    Users of big, ol' string sets with a wound G, maybe?

Retentive collectors for whom even present day replicas must look exactly like the original design.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72299
    edited December 2019

Users of big, ol' string sets with a wound G, maybe?
    I do actually use a wound G on many guitars - although not Strats - and I’ve never had a problem with a weak signal from it without needing such an extreme stagger. Halfway between the height of the B and D seems about right usually. (Bearing in mind that I set the D string physically higher than the G over the fingerboard too.)

Retentive collectors for whom even present day replicas must look exactly like the original design.
    Bingo!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom