Best place in the UK or EU to get a neck built

What's Hot

Been sizing up a Musicraft neck with various specs but is there anyone over this side of the pond doing similar work? 

I'd rather the cost went into the neck itself rather than shipping/import duty.  
My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Guitarbuild
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6626
    Nice one, I forgot about their custom option!

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    Nice one, I forgot about their custom option!
    Never had a bad one from them and I need to order another two very shortly. Can’t wait to try their flamed maple option!
    Ace. That's a good enough recommendation for me!

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 168
    Great quality I’m sure, but no trademark shapes. Wish I was creative in designing my own.,
    Yep that's true. Musicraft have a Fender licence. Would be nice...

Update: Well Guitar Build never replied to my enquiry so they are out. 

Anyone tried Guitar Anatomy or does Northwest do custom orders? Any other recs? 

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    Neither of those vendors sell necks made in Europe as far as I'm aware.
    Fair enough. Any ideas? 

basically I want

21 fret pre-CBS shape Strat neck
    Plain Maple - thin nitro finish with amber tint
    Rosewood neck
    Compound 7.25"-9.5" radius
    10/56 back profile
    clay dots top and side
    1.650" nut width
    Rolled fingerboard edges
    6105 frets

Seems to be impossible to order over here. 

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    Is GSPBasses Graham working at the minute ? His necks are astonishing 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Is that a forummer? If so I don't think I have had the pleasure, but I'd much rather spread the love on here if someone is  just as good than go to musikraft. 

• SchmoSchmo Frets: 168
    Why not get an Allparts to that spec and have one of our guys (Rexter/SC Relics/GSP) do the finish/assembly for you ?

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    DrBob said:
    He's working, but not posting out.
    Schmo said:
    Why not get an Allparts to that spec and have one of our guys (Rexter/SC Relics/GSP) do the finish/assembly for you ?

SC Relics are doing me a body. 

Allparts don't offer what I want. 

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    Lebarque said:
    DrBob said:
    He's working, but not posting out.

You're right I am still making but I'm not posting anything out at the present time, explanation below.

Covid-19

Because I'm in the high risk category, I am in complete isolation until the Covid-19 Pandemic has passed. As my workshop it's also at my home I will continue making guitar bodies and necks, but I will not be sending any product out for the foreseeable future.

Should you wish to order a guitar body, neck or complete guitar you might still do this. While the guitar is being made, I will send you regular updates on the progress of the build along with photographs. Once the guitar is finished I will hold it for you until such time I feel safe to go to the post office or to have DHL call on me. I do not expect payment until the guitar is about to be dispatched. These terms only apply to guitars and necks that are fairly standard, anything that does not have standard routing will have to be paid for in advance.

If you live close enough to me (Eastbourne) I'm quite happy for you to come and pick up your guitar, providing you agree to keep to the Governments 2 meter spacing. The details of this can be discussed should you wish to take this option.

Thank you for your understanding of the above. Over the next few months, I will be posting photos of all the guitars I make and in some cases with detailed diaries on how the build progress.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

I totally understand and have been flagged as being high risk too, although i think that's is them being over-cautious on my behalf. 

The body I have ordered will be a while yet so probably no rush. Is my wishlist above something you are happy to undertake?

If so drop me a DM and let's talk! 

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    edited April 2020 tFB Trader
    soma1975 said:
    I totally understand and have been flagged as being high risk too, although i think that's is them being over-cautious on my behalf. 

The body I have ordered will be a while yet so probably no rush. Is my wishlist above something you are happy to undertake?

Sorry can't help you with this, I don't spray Nitro, close my spray shop down years ago, also I don't do compound radius fingerboards anymore. If you can live without those two things then I most likely could make you a neck when all this madness around us has gone.

I will be posting a kind of build diary from my workshop while I'm in lockdown you might see something there that takes your fancy.

These are just some of the necks I'll be working on this week.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    No worries thanks for taking the time to respond. Look forward to your build diaries. 

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3489
    edited April 2020
    GSPBASSES said:
    soma1975 said:

Sorry can't help you with this, I don't spray Nitro, close my spray shop down years ago, also I don't do compound radius fingerboards anymore. If you can live without those two things then I most likely could make you a neck when all this madness around us has gone.

I will be posting a kind of build diary from my workshop while I'm in lockdown you might see something there that takes your fancy.

These are just some of the necks I'll be working on this week.

Lovely stuff. Looking forward to seeing a build diary. 

Do the rosewood necks on the right have EVO Gold frets? I've never seen any of your necks with truss rod adjust at the headstock, do you make those kind of necks or is there a reason for why all the necks are heel adjust truss rod?