Solo of the Month (SotM) #55 - Chat

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2177
    edited December 2019
    @Barney seeing as you've put it on YouTube simply Google "download to mp3 YouTube" and before you know it you've downloaded an mp3 of your video.   Apparently. Ahem. I've  heard you can do that. From some random person.  In a pub.  I can't remember which pub. It was ages ago....
    I must have been to the same pub.

@Barney it's now in the playlist. I volume matched it by ear to my entry, as the mp4 level was very low, and then rendered the mp4 track to an mp3 using Reaper. Let me know it's OK or whether you want to sent a other track in mp3. I not sure whether YouTube messes with the quality of the audio.

That makes 6 entries in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 614
    @Barney seeing as you've put it on YouTube simply Google "download to mp3 YouTube" and before you know it you've downloaded an mp3 of your video.   Apparently. Ahem. I've  heard you can do that. From some random person.  In a pub.  I can't remember which pub. It was ages ago....
    I must have been to the same pub.

@Barney it's now in the playlist. I volume matched it by ear to my entry, as the mp4 level was very low, and then rendered the mp4 track to an mp3 using Reaper. Let me know it's OK or whether you want to sent a other track in mp3. I not sure whether YouTube messes with the quality of the audio.

That makes 6 entries in the playlist.

@stratman3142 ...that's great mate ..thanks I will remember next time mp3 :)
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited September 2023
    h
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    edited December 2019
    Ooh would love something I can use a vibe and absurd amount of delay on

I missed a trick not Echoreccing up the wazzo with this one. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    Some really nice melodic playing on the entries this month. 

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • steven70 said:
    An idea for another month- how's about the solo section from Astronomy Domine...starts about 1:50 on the youtube version and goes round a bit. Very different feel to Gilmour stuff, I love that 60s psych vibe, get the echo out there.
    Not sure how easy it is to get the Mason style drums likes...just a suggestion anyways.

OK I'll give it a go. Do you mean the version titled "Pink Floyd - Astronomy Domine" or "David Gilmour - Astronomy domine (Abbey Road)"? 

I'll probably attempt something "in the style of" rather than trying to copy it too closely.

It's not a competition.
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1262
    edited September 2023
    h
  • Entry closes tonight at midnight.
    It's not a competition.
  • T'was the night before Christmas,  and all was calm in the SOTM house....
    Ooh what about something for tuning down half a step? Just to mix it up. 

• Literally in the eleventh hour, my first ever entry is now winging its way to @stratman3142 ;

My newly Bareknuckle-P90'd Krautster > AFXii (Trainwreck amp kept cleanish...leaning on comp to get the sustain...bit of flange into the amp also) > Ableton (eq/reverb/comp)

Ran it through 327 times until it was saying something to me then spliced a previous take for the final phrase as it was just better articulated (you can hear the purposeful pickup change at that point).

Merry Christmas!
  • Literally in the eleventh hour, my first ever entry...
    And that makes 7 entries if I've counted correctly. There might be a slight delay in starting the voting as it's Xmas tomorrow.

It's not a competition.
  • Entry closed. Merry Xmas.
    It's not a competition.
  • ...my first ever entry...

In the playlist. That makes 7 entries.

I'll probably start the voting tomorrow, Xmas plans permitting.

It's not a competition.