A terrible thing has happened

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
 I've slowly been accruing parts to make some strats, and I've had 3 very nice SCRelics bodies sat in the corner for a long time. 

I now have everything to piece them together, so went to do so and I find there's a big wet patch on the carpet around them.
Picked up the bodies and all the backs and edges of them are just coated in mould. The paint has either turned brittle and flaked off, or where the paint is still in tact the mould has filled in the lacquer crazing.

The rest of the room is completely dry and all my other guitars are fine so I don't understand what has happened at all. I've got a dehumidifier in there with them and the window cracked.

I had LPB, CAR, and Sonic Blue. The LPB one has paint flaked off but it still looks alright. The CAR roasted ash one im a little worried about as when you look in the trem cavity the wood has a little split as well as the paint.
The sonic blue one... I don't want to talk about it  :'(
It was supposed to be NOS but it's certainly not now.

Sigh.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You can pay a fortune for relicing like that!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    Haha my concern is that it's so brittle, how do I get it to stop flaking off? It's not like there's one piece and once it's off the rest is still stuck down. Its loads of different pieces due to the crazing, and it feels like I could use my hand to brush it away given enough effort.
    I wanted NOS so that I could wear the nitro with playing, so it's not as though I hate relics. It just doesn't look great having happened this way.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Do you uh...how to put this...own cats?
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1687
    I thought the cats think too
    I do, but they don't really get to go in there because I worry they'll knock something over. They could have snuck in, but it's my studio so if it was piss I'd hope I'd have smelled it. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Radiator leak?

Something from the floor above dripping down onto them? 

MrsDefaultM annoyed at you for something?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6625
    Yeah don't show us pics or anything...
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6913
    tFB Trader
    Could it be a pool of water from the dehumidifier? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    Could be mojo leaking out of them.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    15reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • You'd be glad to know that nitro touches up very well. I'd wait for the backs to dry and send then to SC to sand and respray or just respray totally. At least with solid colours you'd not need to have the base layer down to bare wood.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • melodmelod Frets: 136
    Could it be a pool of water from the dehumidifier? 
    Actually it’s a good idea ... had a similar issue and didn’t realise I had placed the water tray thingy the wrong way in the dehumidifier and it was dripping . 
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12641
    Home insurance?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• I know it’s frustrating but I’d pop a few pics up, I bet there are a few folk here that will take them of your hands if they’ve gone all Rory on you (which will fund the pristine ones you’d clearly prefer).  
    Yeah unfortunately I'll have to sell the sonic blue one, which is annoying as that's the one I was looking forward to the most. It had these really faint vertical lines running up it in the nitro, but they're really pronounced now and I just can't appreciate it.
    I'll take some pics in a bit.
    They keep regrowing white fur in the same places even though I've moved them. Is it OK to give them a wipe with bleach and water?