The cricket thread

What's Hot

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    If this was Rugby, Foakes would've switched nationalities by now. The first test was one of the most depressing England performances I've ever seen.  I can see this one following a similar pattern. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So far...

Archer in NZ proving to be a big waste of time as I said it would be. Hilarity of a crap batting performance meaning we drop a spinner. The plan to let Pope focus on batting is forced to end after one Test. 

When the same sort of stupidity is replicated over years and coaches, then the problem is deeper than a coach. It's an attitude. 

Good to see Labuschagne scoring runs for Australia versus Pakistan. You can't be an England player if you play in Div 2 but it seems to work for Marnus...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11411
    Pope dropped Williamson

Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes.....

How many times do I have to say it?
  • crunchman said:
    Pope dropped Williamson

Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes, Foakes.....

Slightly fewer times thn you have to say Denly DenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyHOWTHEFUCKDIDYOUDROPTHATJOE?

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14029
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Pope dropped Williamson

Slightly fewer times thn you have to say Denly DenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyDenlyHOWTHEFUCKDIDYOUDROPTHATJOE?

I'd expect a 10 year old playing rounders to have caught that
  • Bob Willis died. 

A real shame.  
    Bob Willis died. 

A real shame.  

Sad news.
    tFB Trader
    crunchman said:
    Bob Willis died. 

A real shame.  

Sad news.
    Just seen that

Yes a grumpy old git on the test match verdict - But with good reason - He said what he thought

But he'll always be remembered for the 8 wicket haul at Headingly in 1981 which ultimately won the match

RIP Bob
  • Nice to see some recognition at the SPOTY awards for the England cricket team and sporting moment of the year and it had to be Ben Stokes for the top award. Good for him, well deserved, he has cemented his place as one of England's very best cricketers.

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited December 2019
    Boxing Day!

Bloody hell, Jimmy Anderson is back with a first ball wicket straight up! 

Good start from England, they have SA 73-3

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    They didn't bowl brilliantly in the first session. Boks now five down.

Hats off to whoever arranges these tours so that I can hear test cricket when I get up in the morning, very civilised.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806
    Merry Christmas from New York City.

It is 10:10 am and it looks like it is going to be another bright, sunshiny, and warm day. It isn't always freezing here at this time of the year.

I was up early to get the cricket score when SA were 76-3. The cricket commentary broadcast is available live here on the BBC website - SA are currently 257-8 - and it is great to listen to it over here. 

Small world!!!
    tFB Trader
    A good fight back my SA - I think England have just shaved winning the day, but little in it -

Think Archer needs to think more about his game - In conjunction with the manager/captain he needs to be aware of what his game plan is - To many bad balls - Needs to be far more consistent and ask far more questions of the opposition - He has the potential to be devastating 

Let us see what tomorrow brings
    A good fight back my SA - I think England have just shaved winning the day, but little in it -

Think Archer needs to think more about his game - In conjunction with the manager/captain he needs to be aware of what his game plan is - To many bad balls - Needs to be far more consistent and ask far more questions of the opposition - He has the potential to be devastating 

Probably an England collapse
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13929
    edited December 2019

Is Archer really turning out to be all that we hoped and seemed promised? He does seem inconsistent and wayward at times and hasn't bowled at the speed we saw in that first Test he played at Lords. I haven't checked his stats so not sure how they are panning out.

Is Archer really turning out to be all that we hoped and seemed promised? He does seem inconsistent and wayward at times and hasn't bowled at the speed we saw in that first Test he played at Lords. I haven't checked his stats so not sure how they are panning out.

I think his speeds were better today.  They were taling about 148kph at one point on the Cricinfo commentary.  That's 92mph.  Maybe not quite as quick as his very fastest but  a lot better than some of the recent matches he has played.  Hopefuly they haven't permanently wrecked him by over-bowling him in the summer.
    tFB Trader

His speed was good today - But to many mediocre deliveries - Probably needs a good 2/3 standard deliveries in the over, in the right slot, that produce no runs, so as to keep it tight - Then have a couple of surprise 'attack' deliveries that ask big questions of the batsmen
    Might as well bat Root at 3.  He's coming in at 15 for 2 anyway.
    The problem with listening to it on Talksport is that you have to put up with Mark Nicholas and KP.