SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Nintendo GameCube // N64 // Gameboy stuff // other retro consoles and games

What's Hot

Comments

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2403
    bbill335 said:
    gamecube component cable? they're insane money. just get a wii or an s-video adapter
    I know, you’re totally right. But I’m GameCube fanboy and a sucker for that load up screen. The S-Video route is a possibility, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7746
    beed84 said:
    Btw: if anyone happens to have a GameCube component cable kicking around, please let me know.

@TheMarlin I don't suppose you have one in your box of tricks, do you?
    I bought about 100 of them for Poundland’s all around the midlands about 17 years ago. Nintendo cleared there warehouse to Poundland, so I bought up loads of light guns, controllers, memory cards, and AV cables - all for £1 each. 

Cleared them all out at carboots for £10 a pop. 

I might have a third party one somewhere, would have to get into my parents attic to have a look. Have about seven Dreamcasts up there...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    beed84 said:
    bbill335 said:
    gamecube component cable? they're insane money. just get a wii or an s-video adapter
    I know, you’re totally right. But I’m GameCube fanboy and a sucker for that load up screen. The S-Video route is a possibility, though.
    s-vid looks a bit better on a modern TV than standard composite. obv component/progressive scan is ideal but you need an ntsc GC (iirc?) and the unobtainium cable
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    beed84 said:
    Btw: if anyone happens to have a GameCube component cable kicking around, please let me know.

@TheMarlin I don't suppose you have one in your box of tricks, do you?
    I bought about 100 of them for Poundland’s all around the midlands about 17 years ago. Nintendo cleared there warehouse to Poundland, so I bought up loads of light guns, controllers, memory cards, and AV cables - all for £1 each. 

Cleared them all out at carboots for £10 a pop. 

I might have a third party one somewhere, would have to get into my parents attic to have a look. Have about seven Dreamcasts up there...
    Oh man, why are you telling me this? But then, I guess no one would have thought they'd become a relatively desirable thing. Still, a tidy profit for you no doubt. Do let me know if you find the cable. I might be interested in nabbing a Dreamcast off you if you can cope with having just six  :)

bbill335 said:
    beed84 said:
    bbill335 said:
    s-vid looks a bit better on a modern TV than standard composite. obv component/progressive scan is ideal but you need an ntsc GC (iirc?) and the unobtainium cable
    Again, you're not wrong. It irks me that Nintendo removed the progressive scan from PAL games, and I've considered getting an NTSC console as a result, but that would mean collecting the games again which would be a little annoying. I might try the more affordable S-Video route first before blowing a load of cash.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7746
    edited December 2019
    Serious Sam was superb on the GameCube!
    bbill335 said:
    I've got an n64 and most of the essential games at my parents’ house. No idea what it's all worth. 
    I never did get the N64. I don't suppose yours is still kicking around at your mum's, is it?
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    beed84 said:
    bbill335 said:
    I've got an n64 and most of the essential games at my parents’ house. No idea what it's all worth. 
    I never did get the N64. I don't suppose yours is still kicking around at your mum's, is it?
    it is, and i was just there as well!
    bbill335 said:
    beed84 said:
    bbill335 said:
    it is, and i was just there as well!
    Ah cool. Well there's no rush – I've got plenty to be keeping me occupied. Let me know when you've retrieved it and we'll go from there  :)
  • ChairsChairs Frets: 52
    edited January 2020
    I have a NTSC-J N64 RGB modded for running both NTSC-J/U N64 (running at 60hz over 50hz is a big deal, it's almost a 20% speed decrease in the EU - ever played Sonic on an emulator at proper speed?). I'd have to double check whether or not I installed the region mod for EU games too. And an IceCube modded GameCube that runs both full sized DVD rips, off an SD card or original GameCube games. They're not cheap-cheap but we could work something out if you're interested - pop me a PM.
    I've been around since MusicRadar as Schpudd. Current feedback here. Or eBay feedback on request.
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited January 2020
    I'm doing a clear out - might be able to let a few (EDIT: Gamecube) bits go

Are you only interested in legit games in cases? Otherwise I have some sort of bootloader disc that lets you play ISOs off an SD Card plugged into the memory card slots via an adapter. It sounds a bit of a faff but it works perfectly

Also a GBA adapter that came with the Zelda multiplayer game - along with the game and the box it all came in. Great fun if you know somebody else (or 3!) who has a GBA and a copy of that game and the adapter you need... Which I never did so the game remains unplayed

A couple US games also like Skies Of Arcadia. Can't remember if you need a bootloader type thing to play other region discs but if you do, I'll have that too
    All practice and no theory
    Chairs said:
    I have a NTSC-J N64 RGB modded for running both NTSC-J/U N64 (running at 60hz over 50hz is a big deal, it's almost a 20% speed decrease in the EU - ever played Sonic on an emulator at proper speed?). I'd have to double check whether or not I installed the region mod for EU games too. And an IceCube modded GameCube that runs both full sized DVD rips, off an SD card or original GameCube games. They're not cheap-cheap but we could work something out if you're interested - pop me a PM.
    Hmmm. Thanks for the offer, but I'm not sure how much a modded NTSC-J N64 would benefit me (would've considered it if it was a NTSC GameCube). Let me look into it and I'll get back to you. I'll pass on the GameCube as I'm only interested in original games. Thanks though  :)

dafuzz said:
    I'm doing a clear out - might be able to let a few (EDIT: Gamecube) bits go

Are you only interested in legit games in cases? Otherwise I have some sort of bootloader disc that lets you play ISOs off an SD Card plugged into the memory card slots via an adapter. It sounds a bit of a faff but it works perfectly

Also a GBA adapter that came with the Zelda multiplayer game - along with the game and the box it all came in. Great fun if you know somebody else (or 3!) who has a GBA and a copy of that game and the adapter you need... Which I never did so the game remains unplayed

A couple US games also like Skies Of Arcadia. Can't remember if you need a bootloader type thing to play other region discs but if you do, I'll have that too
    Sounds good, but I'm only interested in original games I'm afraid – I'm building up a collection. Definitely interested in Zelda, other games, and whatever else you're willing to part with. Keep me posted :)
    I want to clarify - I worded that badly. I'm not offering to sell games that are not legit, but I do have the means to play isos of games you already own but have become unplayable etc etc so if you need it I am happy to get rid

Anyway I'll be digging it out in the next few days (also Dreamcast, PS2, classic Xbox) and will post up a list
  • I might have some original Gameboy games in a cupboard if you're still looking for these.
    dafuzz said:
    I want to clarify - I worded that badly. I'm not offering to sell games that are not legit, but I do have the means to play isos of games you already own but have become unplayable etc etc so if you need it I am happy to get rid

Anyway I'll be digging it out in the next few days (also Dreamcast, PS2, classic Xbox) and will post up a list
    No worries. I've not really considered isos games, and not entirely certain what it is, so I doubt this would be of much use to me either. Again, thanks for the offer. Otherwise, I look forward to seeing your list  :)

I might have some original Gameboy games in a cupboard if you're still looking for these.
    Yeah, dig 'em out and let me know what you've got.
  • Found them... there is R-Type, Chessmaster, Tennis, World Cup and Double Dragon. All have the original boxes.  Happy to send over photos if your interested. 
    Found them... there is R-Type, Chessmaster, Tennis, World Cup and Double Dragon. All have the original boxes.  Happy to send over photos if your interested. 
    PM’d
    Buddy I thought I could do it, but I was going through some last night and I just can't part with any of it yet!

Sorry man. I'll give you first refusal when the time comes
    edited January 2020
    Aha how you tease me! No worries dude, I know how it is. I’d be the same tbh
    Bump
  • I have an original n64 pikachu edition, and goldeneye and perfect dark carts somewhere... Not being funny, but this thread is causing me a problem. I came in keen to offload, but now... I simply have to find a copy of ocarina of time and doom 64.

Sorry. But thank you.