Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Things you are really good at by accident? or learned without realising

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Like Adamm, palm muting. I did it by accident and realised that was the sound I was looking for. It's one of only two things I do reasonably well on guitar. The other is timing, but that's because I was playing the drums for 30 odd years before I took up the guitar. Basically, I like a bit of a chug. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EvoEvo Frets: 308
    Stealing!

I’m pretty good at picking up on things like vibrato, pick attack, and other bits, then adjusting mine to do a relatively convincing impression. 

Not sure how useful it is, but it’s something I enjoy doing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4087
    I found tapping easy from when I first tried.  Makes up for such poor picking accuracy. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    When I play in front of anybody, people normally remark that I have a particularly light touch and that it's not a bad thing. However for much the same reason, it's because I'm a bit apologetic when I play or sing but it just comes across as though I'm trying to have a subtle gentle touch.
    Somebody. Get this guy a mahogany slab with P90s and a cranked valve amplifier. Work the full dynamic range. Extract some rude noises.

pianists who think plinky plonk is the way to play!
    Oi! Thelonious Monk is god.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.