Modulus Amplification 2019 overview - Image Heavy Thread

What's Hot
Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2570
For those that don't follow our social media feeds or have no idea what we do, I am going to upload some pictures of custom work we have made this year, projects, amp builds etc.

2019 was a pretty busy year supplying loads of parts and kits to DIY hobbyist and many of the boutique builders around the world too, we had a good number of custom amp builds this year too and will be looking to increase that side of the business next year.

Thanks for looking and Happy New year to all our Fretboard friends!

First up, this is a sneak preview of some products we have been working on, solid state power amps in pedal, we have several versions on being tested at the moment, the idea is to put this between a helix or pedal board and a proper guitar cabinet. It works flipping well and is more than loud enough for practicing/church gigs etc Will hopefully have a few to try out at the guitarshow in February.

Also on the Pedal front we started a Pedal building course where you can come and build a fuzz Pedal with me, so far it had been well attended and everybody has really enjoyed it.

Another Klon Clone I built on my summer holidays, this thing works very well, great with just about any amp, If I could do this in a higher quality format then it would be smashing.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2570
    tFB Trader
    For amp builds there have been a few stand out ones that I have really enjoyed working on.

These two Gryphin Talons turned out great, footswitchable gain and master volumes, effects loop and a huge range of vintage and modern overdrive tones.

This is a PR clone, these little amps are so good and so much fun to play!

One of our JTM clones in a bluesbreaker head cabinet

This is a 18w two channel amp in a JTM sized head cabinet

This Tweedle Dee Deluxe is base on the Dumble Tweed Deluxe Mods with power scaling, lots of dirt available, but the cleans were really nice too.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gryphins look great!
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader
    Really nice Mike, if I get round to changing my amp round I'll be getting parts from you

Plan is turn my el34 36 watt plexi back to an el84 amp and then build my jtm45 type amp, I do have most of the parts which are from you years ago
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    tFB Trader
    Here are some of the cabinets we build/introduced this last year, to start this is an 18w head cabinet, a smaller version of the JTM bluesbreaker head cab we do (see above) I really love this style

This year we started making our tweed and blackface style cabs with finger jointed pine, we also started to offer the cabs laquered

This was a Deluxe cab covered in Blonde Tolex, looks a bit washed out in this photo, but it looked really nice in person

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Gryphins look great!

Thanks! They sounded great too, wish I had somewhere further south that would stock them as I think they would do very well if people had the chance to play them
    tFB Trader
    Really nice Mike, if I get round to changing my amp round I'll be getting parts from you

Plan is turn my el34 36 watt plexi back to an el84 amp and then build my jtm45 type amp, I do have most of the parts which are from you years ago
    Sounds like a plan, are you going to Birmingham at the end of February? Would be good to chat.

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3261
    tFB Trader

Sounds like a plan, are you going to Birmingham at the end of February? Would be good to chat.

I've got bugger all ready to take, I will be doing some shows just not sure which ones yet

I need to get about 4 done, 3 simple builds and a nice carved top idea I've got planned
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • oafoaf Frets: 300
    edited January 2020
    Here's the head shell that you made for me in 2019! I still need to put up a kit build thread

Very pleased with my amp.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Wow those amps look the nuts!
  • jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2723
    oaf said:
    Here's the head shell that you made for me in 2019! I still need to put up a kit build thread

Keep it country.
  • mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 315
    edited January 2020
    The 2x12 speaker cab I had from you in early 2018 has been gigged more often than I can remember and sounds great.

Have been looking at a Seymour Duncan power stage 170 so really interested in checking out those pedal sized power amps. Will be at the Birmingham show, look forward to checking them out!
    tFB Trader
    @oaf said:

I forgot about that one actually, Thanks!

tFB Trader
    The 2x12 speaker cab I had from you in early 2018 has been gigged more often than I can remember and sounds great.

Have been looking at a Seymour Duncan power stage 170 so really interested in checking out those pedal sized power amps. Will be at the Birmingham show, look forward to checking them out!
    Awesome, I have no idea where this will go product development wise, but we are pretty happy with the results so far and price wise should work out very favourable.

tFB Trader
    Here is a Low Powered Tweed Twin cab we made recently.... it is a bit of an attention seeker

This is a Superlead Head cab for the same customer

• KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534

The more I see of the blue snakeskin, the more I like it :)

They look stunning!

tFB Trader
    Kalimna said:

They look stunning!

Yip, it grows on you, I really like the head shell, screams 80's fun

Kalimna said:

They look stunning!

Is the "tweed" cab pine?
    tFB Trader
    @jpfamps said:
    Kalimna said:

They look stunning!

Is the "tweed" cab pine?

Yes, I am using finger jointed pine for tweed and blackface cabs unless requested otherwise.
    @jpfamps said:
    Kalimna said:

They look stunning!

Is the "tweed" cab pine?

Yes, I am using finger jointed pine for tweed and blackface cabs unless requested otherwise.
    Cool.

Presumably you've found a reliable source of pine that you like working with.

I assume these cabs are quite light weight.
    tFB Trader
    @jpfamps said:
    Cool.

Presumably you've found a reliable source of pine that you like working with.

I assume these cabs are quite light weight.
    Yes, very light.

I have had to reject some pine planks, but it has been manageable, strange that sourcing decent pine in the UK is so hard though.

Here is a a picture of what we are using:

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom