2020 Fretboard Virtual Running Club

What's Hot

Comments

• Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    WOW, was not expecting this many eager volunteers!  @RedRabbit ;you mange to get out running last night?

@monquixote &@stimpsonloston 1,200km in a year is a hell of a lot.  I managed a similar number last year, but that included the Brighton Marathon.  Ive got to aim at a similar number this year as I'm aiming to beat my time at Brighton this April.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Been out at lunch today, 7.1miles, which was hard work. Will try and drag my 9 year old out later for a couple of Km to.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1468
    I used to run 3-4 times a week. These days it has been 3-4 times a month, if that. But I'm gonna start getting back to it coz I'm a fucking fat munter right now.
    Basically all of this. 

I was going to go this morning, but didn't - walked with the dog instead. Might try again Monday as I need to lose a few lbs for skiing in 3 weeks as my ski trousers don't currently fit! 

I'd like to try and get back to regular running and no injury this year so I can do 1000 miles for the year. 

• RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 483
    Mark_R said:
    WOW, was not expecting this many eager volunteers!  @RedRabbit ;you mange to get out running last night?
    I ended up working later than planned so I didn't feel up to it when I got home. I'll be leaving early today though so I've no excuse for not doing 5k tonight. 
    Managed 5.5km tonight.  Much tougher than it was before the Xmas break but it wasn't too bad.

Had a bit of a problem with my left ankle before Xmas which I was hoping would have completely healed but there's still a twinge there.  It eased off as I got into the run but I'm going have to keep an eye on it and go fairly steady for the next couple of weeks.

I'll aim to do another 5k on Sunday before starting my normal training again next week (albeit a bit slower than planned).
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    Did a quick 5k before dinner (well 3.08 miles to be precise). 27:02 8:45/mi - decent improvement for my second run.
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Did the local parkrun in 23:38. A 3-mile warmup really helped. 
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    Another 5.5km today.  Got a support for my ankle which really helped. Hopefully I'll be running without it again soon.

Proper training starts again tomorrow.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    Three runs this week for me, first week getting back into it in prep for the Amsterdam marathon so it's going to be a nice gentle build up for the first few months.
    After a month off of the marathon prep (due to trying to and almost succeeding in turning myself into a alcoholic over Christmas), resumed my weekend long run routine.  13.2miles today, OK for the first 10 miles and then slowed down for the last 3.2, the legs just had nothing left!  
    26 miles so far this month and after 4 nights without a drink, will relax with a beer tonight and hope the legs will work tomorrow!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    King85 said:
    Three runs this week for me, first week getting back into it in prep for the Amsterdam marathon so it's going to be a nice gentle build up for the first few months.
    When is the Amsterdam Marathon?  Is this your first marathon?
    Did the local parkrun in 23:38. A 3-mile warmup really helped. 
    Thats a damn decent time for a Parkrun.  Never done the adult Parkrun (Ive ran 50 odd childrens parkruns with my daughter), I hear the adult ones are quite busy and tough going?
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    Been laid low with festive virus so haven't left the house since Wednesday except to run a really complicated recording session which completely wiped me out!
    Mark_R said:
    King85 said:
    October, yeah i've done a marathon before. I'm doing it with 7 friends this time and it's very flat so should be really good.
  • I ran about 20Km last week. Not a huge amount but a good start to the year.

Bye!

• gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 919
    I ran about 20Km last week. Not a huge amount but a good start to the year.
    Same, but this is quite a lot for me. My aim to get to a 25min park run. I've done 4 in a row now, and gone from 32 min to 28:25, so getting there.

God damn it hurts my body. Mainly my hips. Exercise certainly isn't good for you.
    Ran 5 miles today as a recovery from the longer run on Sunday, boy my legs were shot for the first 3 miles.  After that it got better!
    King85 said:
    Mark_R said:
    King85 said:
    October, yeah i've done a marathon before. I'm doing it with 7 friends this time and it's very flat so should be really good.
    Sweet, would be nice to have someone to run with, trying to get a couple of people at work to join me at Brighton this year, but no joy.  Hopefully 2021.
  • Did a 4ker yesterday, legs were sore from weight+run on Sunday so didn't want to overdo it too much.

Bye!

Mark_R said:
    King85 said:
    Mark_R said:
    King85 said:
    Sweet, would be nice to have someone to run with, trying to get a couple of people at work to join me at Brighton this year, but no joy.  Hopefully 2021.
    I think the key to getting people involved is with getting them to do a smaller run first like a 10k then people get the bug although this isn't always the case.