NGD - Fender Custom Shop Jazzmaster

What's Hot
For some reason over the past couple of years I became obsessed with the idea of owning a Jazzmaster. I finally bit the bullet after a trip to Coda a few weeks ago and this found its way into the collection -

I'm absolutely loving it so far, it's way more versatile than I ever thought and handled a full New Year's Eve gig without any problems. At this rate I'll be checking out Jaguars!!

Happy New Year everyone!
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 761
    That's an excellent video and a superb jazzmaster you've got. One of my favourite custom colours.

You're preaching to the converted with me, but I've never really understood the general confusion and negative comments jazzmasters (and offsets in general) generate. The switching really isn't that complicated, they sound wonderful and are really comfortable to play.

I've had plenty of Jaguars too. I love them but I would say overall I have found the Jazzmaster to be a bit more versatile, and thr jag is a little bit more awkward switching pickups (unless you have a Johnny Marr jag).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7076
    I want pics of your actual geet before I can offer my heartfelt congratulations, thems the rules amigo
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great video , duly subscribed and looking forward to watching a few more:
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • Did you get a chance to compare the RSD bridge on your JM to a regular offset bridge? 

The RSD is rare enough in the wild as they only come on CS models 
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    They do seem surprisingly versatile and it’s a guitar region I’ve yet to explore. Personally, I love the colour of yours.  I also have a feeling you could make any guitar sound pretty good though.  Thanks for sharing.
  • Sorry for late reply everyone and thanks for watching! I’m yet to fully experiment with the volume control and dynamic range of it yet but it’s already a super responsive instrument - very loud and clear acoustically. Well worth trying to find an American Vintage reissue, I tried a few used ones that were great and at a much more palatable price point! The RSD bridge is fantastic, I don’t know why it’s not on more Jazzmasters. I thought I’d have to change the bridge before I got this one but there’s no need - intonation and tuning are superb. One thing I will say is that it may remove a little of the aggressive nature of a JM - slightly reminds me of when I changed the bridge on a CS Tele to a Callaham which smoothed things out too much. Not the case with the RSD bridge, it sounds just right to me. I’d love to sit down with this a Jaguar and Rickenbacker 360 to see what sort of tones could be found, sometimes it’s refreshing to depart from the usual suspects for a while. Have a great week everyone 
  • barnstormbarnstorm Frets: 618
    Did you get a chance to compare the RSD bridge on your JM to a regular offset bridge? 

The RSD is rare enough in the wild as they only come on CS models 

Interesting to see that they're working on a wraparound version (although not for a JM, obviously).

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom