Ultimate Guitar Pro

CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
Not sure if it's in the correct category, so Mods feel free to relocate if not.

I feel I'm at the stage where I'd like to get a few whole songs under my belt, rather than just the odd lick or riff here and there.
Ultimate Guitar Pro is currently on sale at £25.00 a year. Is it a good resource? Or are there better out there?
Cheers all
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_CPhil_C Frets: 252
    Is that Justin Sandercoe? 

Really really knowledgeable instructor. Certain to make progress but look around - There are others.

What are to wanting to learn? If just songs YouTube is free.
  • CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    Phil_C said:
    Is that Justin Sandercoe? 

Really really knowledgeable instructor. Certain to make progress but look around - There are others.

What are to wanting to learn? If just songs YouTube is free.
    No, not Justin's site. Ultimate Guitar.com is the one I'm looking at. There are a hell of a lot of tabs on there, but a lot of guff ones to wade through. Just wondering if the upgrade from the free site to the pro content is worth the money?
    edited December 2019
    If you're dedicated and you're sure the content on there is what you're after - Then money well spent.

I've not much experience of paid sites as I usually wade through many tabs and conjure my own variation.

That being said, I've actually just realised that I have an ultimate guitar pro subscription, though I bought it about a year ago for £4.99. Permanent sub.

I do use it quite a bit and the pro versions are scarily accurate.
    edited December 2019

Here's a quick look at a pro tab.

You can select any part of the song, loop ANY section you select or riff, metronome for playalong, fretboard shows notes being played on a virtual fretboard, or you can transpose, speed up/slow down.

It's pretty cool.

On the left, you can control all the instruments volumes. Lead guitar, rhythym, drums, backing track etc.

• CeeJayCeeJay Frets: 455
    Phil_C said:

Here's a quick look at a pro tab.

You can select any part of the song, loop ANY section you select or riff, metronome for playalong, fretboard shows notes being played on a virtual fretboard, or you can transpose, speed up/slow down.

It's pretty cool.

On the left, you can control all the instruments volumes. Lead guitar, rhythym, drums, backing track etc.

Looks good. Thanks for posting that. £4.99 for a permanent sub is a no brainer. £25 a year is still money well spent if it's that good. I might dip in for a year and cancel if it's not for me. At the moment I don't feel as if I'm progressing. It's the age old issue of practicing what I already know. I think knuckling down to learning songs properly, in their entirety, can only help me move forwards.
    Thanks again for the help.
  • I think I’m going to get this as it has some good versions of songs that are hard to find eg Scandinavian hair metal bands, 80s stuff like Stan bush etc.  Saying that I have just started dipping into playing simple melodies by ear , Christmas songs are ideal, plus started to try and figure out a solo from a song I like . £25 for the year is pretty good and I got some dough for Xmas 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Hows does one pay 4.99 for a permanent sub?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1222
    edited January 2020
    soma1975 said:
    Hows does one pay 4.99 for a permanent sub?
    the mobile app used to be a one-time paid app for 4.99, with the guitar pro features an additional one-time payment on top of the basic app. This was before they moved to a new model with a free app and a premium features subscription. If you bought even the basic app before they changed the model, you get a lifetime subscription to premium features:

Myth #4: Legacy members lost their access when Ultimate Guitar set mobile apps free.
    We changed our business model this February, rebuilt website and mobile application, set 1.1M tabs and chords free and got rid of a Lifetime subscription. To make sure that our subscription changes don't influence current UG members, we granted everyone who bought our app before Feb 2018 Lifetime subscription.

Source: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ug_news/dont_trust_russians_and_their_shady_pricing_-_busting_some_myths_about_ultimate_guitar.html

• pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    I find UG useful, I will usually cross reference it with Youtubes. The looping function and the fact it usually also has lyrics and cord charts (there are usually multiple pages by different authors for any 1 song). I do have a lifetime sub tho (I think it cost me £37, can't remember how I got it!), so it's basically free.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    edited January 2020
    You can use tux guitar for free to do exactly the same thing.

I also linked this reddit link with a tonne of tabs in it you can get too.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Guitar/comments/97htjp/gear_free_60000_or_more_guitar_pro_tabs_my/

First comment in that link explains how to get the .gpx files from songsterr too
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6627
    Sod it I bought the Songsterr app in the hope they do something similar down the line!
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.