Time To Call It A Day - Guitars4You Is Closing The Shop

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
in Guitar tFB Trader
From the front page of my web site

Guitars4You Is Closing Down

Sad but true, but over the next few months I will be closing down the shop – After 42 years of involvement within the guitar retail industry, it is time for me to call it a day, with regards to the day to day business of  running a shop – There are a number of reasons that have triggered this news, but most of all, the retail environment has changed so much over the years, that it is fair to say that I’ve had my day – I would like to thank all customers for their help and support over the years – For the many who have become more than just a customer, I would like to thank you for your friendship, with all the talk and chatter that goes with it, so please keep in touch

Closing Down Deals:- Please click here to view a selection of new and used guitars that have now been re-priced accordingly – A fully insured express mail order service is still available, or if required, for the time being you can still visit the showroom in Ashbourne, Derbyshire (Please note :- showroom visits by prior appointment only)

Private Collection:- So yes the shop will be closing down early 2020 – However I have been surrounded by guitars, for well over 40 years and intend to continue with this practice for some time to come, albeit in a semi-retired capacity – For the foreseeable future I’ll continue to buy and sell a discerning selection of used guitars, with the focus on quality and not quantity – As such I’ll continue to exhibit at various guitar shows, throughout the UK, during 2020, where you’ll find me, with a display of guitars from the Private Collection – Therefore I’ll continue to maintain the web site as a platform to feature guitars from the Private Collection - Please click here for further details  - For the time being showroom visits (by appointment only) or an express mail order service will still be available as required 

Many thanks for giving me the opportunity to spend such an enjoyable time working within the guitar business – Very best wishes – Mark Hopkin

0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14037
    tFB Trader

Please note that I’m currently working on my web site, making all the appropriate changes, so give me a few hours to get all the work carried out – Hopefully by Saturday tea time, or sometime on Sunday, all updates will have been carried out – So please click back later

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Please note that there is no urgency to close down the store, regarding time – The decision to close is my choice and not influenced by any 3rd party applying any financial pressure etc – Therefore whilst I have reduced the prices on a selection of guitars, I still have time on my side – As such I’m prepared to accept the closure and reduction in stock level to take its time, as required – Today I have a shop with well over 100 guitars in stock – In due course I will retain around 40/50 guitars and  continue to exhibit at guitar shows throughout the UK, so keep in touch and come along and say hi

tFB Trader

I hope the above messages make sense – Any questions and comments then please get back in touch accordingly – Thanks Mark

• Best of luck Mark.  
  • monkey42monkey42 Frets: 336
    Best of luck Mark
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Hi Mark

Sad to hear that news, but completely understandable, and sounds pretty sensible to me too!  I was vaguely thinking of visiting again sometime this year - better make it sooner rather than later!

Tony

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2739
    Wow. Best wishes in your next exciting phase of life and music :)
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Hi Mark

Sad to hear that news, but completely understandable, and sounds pretty sensible to me too!  I was vaguely thinking of visiting again sometime this year - better make it sooner rather than later!

Tony

I will be around as required - Or if you are at the Brum Show I can see you there - Happy to keep the 513 for sale as required, but update accordingly - See you soon - I'll be around for a bit yet
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22516
    edited January 2020
    Sorry to hear you're closing the shop Mark, although it was too far away for me to ever visit in person.  Glad you'll be maintaining a presence online and at the guitar shows.
  • wesker123wesker123 Frets: 496
    Good luck with future endeavours  :)
  • Best of luck Mark , was a pleasure dealing with you.
  • DanDan Frets: 440
    Really sorry to hear this Mark. Brought both my CS strats off you and it was an absolute pleasure. Weirdly Ive still got them both too.

Good luck for the future.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3137
    Very best of luck, will be sad to see the shop go but as a few have said above totally understandable. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963

Private Collection:- So yes the shop will be closing down early 2020 – However I have been surrounded by guitars, for well over 40 years and intend to continue with this practice for some time to come, albeit in a semi-retired capacity – For the foreseeable future I’ll continue to buy and sell a discerning selection of used guitars, with the focus on quality and not quantity

[Donald Sutherland Invasion Of The Body Snatchers pic]

Bedroom dealer!

;)

It is something of a sad statement as to the future for small guitar retailers, but you're right to leave on your own terms and with the great reputation you've built up. Best of luck :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thebreezethebreeze Frets: 2797
    All the best Mark. Enjoy the time it brings you.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4700
    All the best Mark, enjoy the semi retirement! 

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Congratulations Mark, on a career based on superb quality of both service and product. A dying breed in the days of pile it high and sell it not that cheap. 

Hope to catch you at a few shows still. Enjoy your freedom! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3044
    Sorry to hear you are calling it a day, but Im sure you have thought long and hard about it...
    Good Luck!, and enjoy your semi retirement...it’s great!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    A wise move imho, good luck with the future endeavour 
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    Sorry to hear but sure you've thought long and hard about it and making the right decision for you.

I've had a few emails with you in the past and always been a real gent. Thank you.

Wish you all the best for the future :)