Time To Call It A Day - Guitars4You Is Closing The Shop

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    Best of luck Mark - it's been a while since I've had a run out to yourself in Ashbourne but maybe I'll catch up with you at a show sometime.

Cheers for all the PRSs!  :)

-Dave
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2284
    Glad to hear that you're going to carry on trading in some form Mark. I hugely enjoyed my day at your shop, even if I went away with the same guitar that I brought with me!

I am currently guitar-GAS free, but it would be rude not to have a quick look at your website...
  • 42 years is what I call an innings.

Well played Mark, I consider you one of the Gentlemen of the game, and look forward to continuing to see you at the shows. It wouldn't be the same without the old guards. 

Huge congratulations on what you've achieved.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Wishing you a world of good fortune good man and hope to bump into you at the Birmingham Guitar Show!
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14180
    tFB Trader
    Thanks guys for the comments - Can't reply to each and everyone, so a collective thanks from me

I'll still be spending as much time on FB - After all I'm as big a gear junky as you lot

I dare say it will be a few months before the stock level is low enough for me not to need the shop - But as I said, I'm not going away from guitars and will certainly be exhibiting at many shows in 2020 - Think it is 18 or 19 shows inc Birmingham
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Congratulations on bowing out on your terms. Best of luck with it all. 
  • Sad news. As a fellow retailer (different industry) I know where you're coming from, good luck with whatever you choose to do in the future.
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    No surprise, but all the best in the next chapter ...... 

...... Pressed Rat and Warthog .....

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    I for one will be looking out for your stalls at shows, all the best for the future.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26918
    Sounds like more a "Congrats" event than an "I'm sorry" one. Good luck for the future and glad you'll be sticking around in the trade and on here. 

I've never bought from you (despite ogling a hell of a lot of your online stock) but by all accounts one of the good guys. Best of luck for whatever the future holds.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    sorry to hear you're closing but all the very best for the future.
  • Mark, congratulations on making it to your pretirement.
    Of the couple of deals we had  you were always straight with good advice  
  • MistyMisty Frets: 135
    edited January 2020
    All the best for the future, good luck and well reserved!

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    Congratulations Mark, all the best for the future. You’ll be missed, as one of the few ultra-straight and totally reliable guys around in the business. I think I’ve bought two guitars from you in recent years and the transactions couldn’t have been smoother. I’m sorry I haven’t got to visit your shop previously, it’s a bit far from me but never say never! I hope you enjoy your semi-retirement and I look forward to seeing you and catching up at a show or two in the next few years. All the best!  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10178
    Wow... Good luck with everything!
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5000
    And 42 is of course the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe and everything!  ;)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PetGerbilPetGerbil Frets: 175
    Good luck with your future endeavors.!

• newi123newi123 Frets: 860
    Sorry to hear that - never been to the shop as its a looong way from me, but spent many happy hours on your website!

Hopefully you'll still be an active member here, as the info you provide is always interesting and appreciated. 
  • Best of luck Mark
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    edited January 2020
    Ah both happy for you - and a little saddened - to hear this Mark. Funnily enough I stayed in Matlock the night before last and saw the sign to Ashbourne on the way back - and wondered if you’d be in the shop if I made a detour.

Glad you’re not giving up completely - let’s hope you’ll be a fixture at the shows for many years to come.