London/ SE Jan get together?

What's Hot

Comments

• skippy76skippy76 Frets: 615
    Hi all, good chance I can get to this if its closer to the end of the month. 

Happy to bring some of my player grade vintage gear as well (56 Les Paul Special, 61 Les Paul Special, 63 ES330) if anyone is interested in trying them, might even have my refinished 61 Strat back from @GoldenEraGuitars depending on how things go.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BowksBowks Frets: 413
    soma1975 said:
    Nice. You in @noisepolluter ?
    I’m around - weekends are best, somewhere with proper parking would be ideal. 
    @noisepolluter ;What was the rehearsal studio we went to that had proper parking and at least one decent looking sized room?

I'd have suggested the place in New Cross, but parking is a chore there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6594
    God I grew up in the old Music City in New Cross. Had my 18th birthday there - The 'new', ie 20 years old Music City is pain in the arse to park at sadly. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bowks said:
    soma1975 said:
    @noisepolluter ;What was the rehearsal studio we went to that had proper parking and at least one decent looking sized room?

It was the late lamented AScape. Antenna in Crystal Palace has two medium sized rooms but the parking is absolutely atrocious. 
  • Bowks said:
    soma1975 said:

Decent place though, and an absolute breeze for me to get to! ;) There’s a studio/rehearsal space in Deptford with a small (pay & display) car park just around the corner, might be worth a look?
    The Hive Rooms in Horley could be an option, great facilities and free parking, lounge area to sit, free tea/coffee etc
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7706
    skippy76 said:
    The Hive Rooms in Horley could be an option, great facilities and free parking, lounge area to sit, free tea/coffee etc
    A bit far, if we're travelling that distance we could do Water Rats in Woking like the last official get together. 
    No worries, just putting it out there :+1: 

edited January 2020
    I guess first and foremost we should agree what we want to do. 

I have some bits I would like to turn up loudish. Like playing with others' toys too. 

A jam would be nice too but maybe not feasible if there's 10 guitar players and nobody else?

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7706
    Gear fest & A/B for me. Can bring a plexi, matchless clone and pedals.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33713
    I'm in, provided I am in the UK that weekend.

If you need a drummer/bassist I'm happy to do either.
    If I'm there as a guitarist then I have a load of tube amps I can bring (Marshall, Carol-Ann, Diezel, Suhr/CAA) + Kemper and Axe FX III.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2020
    Gear fest & A/B for me. Can bring a plexi, matchless clone and pedals.
    This is probably the best way forward for this little gathering. 

Since last meetup I got a Marshall Studio Vintage 20w head and changed out 90% of my pedals. 

octatonic said:
    I'm in, provided I am in the UK that weekend.

If you need a drummer/bassist I'm happy to do either.
    If I'm there as a guitarist then I have a load of tube amps I can bring (Marshall, Carol-Ann, Diezel, Suhr/CAA) + Kemper and Axe FX III.
    Would love to try out a Kemper to see how it feels and responds. 

edited January 2020
    Oh, also if anyone has any guitars with a 10/56 profile I'd love to try it out. In fact would like to try a bunch of Fender neck profiles to decide once and for all what suits me best. 

I'd be bringing a 2006 Classic Player 60s Strat and a 2014 LP Standard.

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    I’d be interested if I’m around, would bring 3 guitars which are ‘new’ since the last get together, Axe III and FC6 + FC12 (so FC18) controllers. 

Would gladly sit down with people and program patches on the Fractal if someone wanted to build a patch from scratch. 

I’ve also got a pimped King of Time pedal if someone wanted to try one 
    Ooh lovely. Did you have a bit of a clear out?

Since last time things that might be of interest are the Tone King Iron Man 2 Mini attenuator, the 20w Plexi, a Strymon Volante and a nice custom dual boost from Pickdropper FX. And there's a chance I should be receiving the new 'Fuzz Fella' from Chase Tone ahead of a late Jan meet. 

Yes - at the moment I have three pre-CBS strats (that needs to change!) a very interesting Telecaster/partsocaster and a very, very interesting Les Paul
    Oooh exciting. Would love to try the Strats.

Would people be able to make Water Rats in Woking again? I quite liked the drive to be honest.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I wouldn't mind - if I'm free on the weekend