Time To Call It A Day - Guitars4You Is Closing The Shop

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296
    Good luck for the future sir! I hope you stick around on here. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 9166
    Mark, there are a few good guys out there in the guitar business, but not many. With you retiring, there is one less. 

Happy retirement and hope to catch up at a show
  • Glad to hear you will still be doing the shows. They wouldn’t be the same without a catch up and the opportunity to ogle some of the best gear on show.

Good luck with whatever you decide to undertake.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    blueskunk said:
    Best wishes for your future sir. 
    Good luck for the future sir! I hope you stick around on here. 
    Thanks and yes I'll still be on FB - I'm just as bad a gear junky as you guys - Best wishes
    tFB Trader
    chris78 said:
    Mark, there are a few good guys out there in the guitar business, but not many. With you retiring, there is one less. 

Happy retirement and hope to catch up at a show
    Would be interesting to know how many shops are still operating in the UK v 10/20 years ago - I'll ask one of my suppliers and see how many active accounts someone like Strings n Things now have

Thanks
    tFB Trader
    Glad to hear you will still be doing the shows. They wouldn’t be the same without a catch up and the opportunity to ogle some of the best gear on show.

Good luck with whatever you decide to undertake.
    With a decent supply of coffee I can do many more shows - See you soon !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    All the best with things Mark - I hope all goes well for you. I haven't been over as much as proximity has suggested that I should, but I'm not much of a Fender or PRS chap really - I guess the two great purchases that I made from you testify to that - a Gibson Lucille and a gorgeous Gretsch 6120 in blue burst. Wished I could have come over more, but there you. That Guild slipped my mind too, but I bet that's long gone now. Will see you at the shows though, I'm sure!
    Call me Dave.
    tFB Trader
    DB1 said:
    All the best with things Mark - I hope all goes well for you. I haven't been over as much as proximity has suggested that I should, but I'm not much of a Fender or PRS chap really - I guess the two great purchases that I made from you testify to that - a Gibson Lucille and a gorgeous Gretsch 6120 in blue burst. Wished I could have come over more, but there you. That Guild slipped my mind too, but I bet that's long gone now. Will see you at the shows though, I'm sure!
    Thanks for the comments Dave and hope you are well

Guild still available - Not listed on the web as I've been doodling around with it a bit in the shop as and when time allows - So get back in touch to chat further etc - Best wishes

Mark
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5024
    Hi Mark, will do. I'm due a day off as I've done about 70 hours in the past five days. Hoping to take Friday off actually - fillling in for a colleague with a brain tumour at the moment, so I can't complain about a bit of extra work. I think it's this forum that keeps me sane/insane (delete as appropriate.
    Call me Dave.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1430
    I've only bought a couple of guitars from you in the past back in the Guitar Gallery days (the finest being a rather delicious blue burst Musicman Silhouette) so I'm far from your best customer, but I'm sad to see you closing down nonetheless.  I wish you well for the future.

Cheers.

tFB Trader
    Dodge said:
    I've only bought a couple of guitars from you in the past back in the Guitar Gallery days (the finest being a rather delicious blue burst Musicman Silhouette) so I'm far from your best customer, but I'm sad to see you closing down nonetheless.  I wish you well for the future.

Cheers.

Just had an e-mail from a customer with a similar message about the Guitar Gallery in Derby - He said 1995 but I'm rubbish on remembering the years - I recall no storage space but in some ways the start that led to Guitars4You a few years later

Thanks for the message - Best wishes

Mark