Gibson Melody Maker

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Like mine. It's a much better guitar than I expected for the price paid.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 396
    I got one for £350 a few years ago. A great P90 wraparound bat for not much dough.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3347
    edited January 2020
    JD50 said:
    I have one, brand new was £666.
    It should sound amazing, for 'tis the devil's guitar ;-)
  • BeardyAndyBeardyAndy Frets: 716
    edited January 2020
    NelsonP said:
    JD50 said:
    I have one, brand new was £666.
    It should sound amazing, for 'tis the devil's guitar ;-)
    Nah.. He play a Dean! :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • finest1 said:
    check these out. its the 2019 model. the pickup is so hot on this. check out the sound reviews on youtube, and you'll be placing an order!

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190319340833008--gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-dc-worn-cherry
    I missed this post the other day, it's a belter of a deal and if it was a single cut i'd be all over it. the double cuts just don't sit well with me otherwise i'd be looking at an SG.
  • DartmoorHedgehogDartmoorHedgehog Frets: 884
    edited January 2020
    I've got one, a 2011 model from when they had scratch plate-mounted pickups and only two pots.  I won it in a draw at a local music shop and thought I'd probably just sell it on, but it's actually really good and has become my main gigging guitar.  Paint is rubbish and is falling off the wood in chunks on the neck (not just wearing through - it's actually come off in flakes like it's not stuck to the wood), but that's only cosmetic.

I think they cost around £500 at the time.  I've got another LesPaulAlike (a Hagstrom) that cost a similar amount and it certainly better finished and generally better built, but the Gibson just sounds and feels better IMO (and it's very light, being a thin body).

I don't know how different the new ones are, but I really like mine.

Mine looks like this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11805
    edited January 2020
    I've got one, a 2011 model from when they had scratch plate-mounted pickups and only two pots.  I won it in a draw at a local music shop and thought I'd probably just sell it on, but it's actually really good and has become my main gigging guitar.  Paint is rubbish and is falling off the wood in chunks on the neck (not just wearing through - it's actually come off in flakes like it's not stuck to the wood), but that's only cosmetic.

I think they cost around £500 at the time.  I've got another LesPaulAlike (a Hagstrom) that cost a similar amount and it certainly better finished and generally better built, but the Gibson just sounds and feels better IMO (and it's very light, being a thin body).

I don't know how different the new ones are, but I really like mine.

Mine looks like this
    A similar one now cost like £860 !?

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190319340830008--gibson-les-paul-special-tribute-dc-worn-ebony

finest1 said:
    check these out. its the 2019 model. the pickup is so hot on this. check out the sound reviews on youtube, and you'll be placing an order!

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/190319340833008--gibson-les-paul-junior-tribute-dc-worn-cherry
    It just shot up £100 this lunch time.